White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:46 AM)
Let's talk about the trade instead of the parameters of who Chilihead roots for.

Who do you guys think is in the return? I know the Sox have been talking on this for weeks and supposedly Oakland wanted EJ so as long as he's not involved you have to think the Sox got what they want.

I'm predicting Jaye and Beck

Edited by soxfan2014

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk about the trade instead of the parameters of who Chilihead roots for.

Who do you guys think is in the return? I know the Sox have been talking on this for weeks and supposedly Oakland wanted EJ so as long as he's not involved you have to think the Sox got what they want.

Beck/Danish and Coats

I would say OF and P prospect. I don't know a whole lot about our prospects except the more well known ones so I would say Hawkins and a lower level Pitcher

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
OK, so how is his defense at 3B & 2B? I see that he has mostly played 3B, but I'm really not sure how to read most of those defensive stats on BR.

Up until last year pretty good at 3b. Naggy injuries seem to have hampered him but he did play in a career high amount of games last year. He is basically better than whatever we have with the potential to be much better.

If the price is right then I approve of this deal but I wonder about him in the clubhouse. The guy is kind of an asshole. IF the Sox do acquire him and it seems inevitable, then they need a leader in that clubhouse to put Lawrie in his place when the time comes.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)
If the price is right then I approve of this deal but I wonder about him in the clubhouse. The guy is kind of an asshole. IF the Sox do acquire him and it seems inevitable, then they need a leader in that clubhouse to put Lawrie in his place when the time comes.

I could see Eaton and Lawrie clashing. Or Lawrie and Sale. Or Lawrie and anyone with a personality, really. He would have loved Conor.

We're not prying Lawrie away from Oakland with some Beck, Hawkins or Danish as a centerpiece.

It's going to involve Montas. I can just see the White Sox thinking of him as a future relief pitcher and selling his value based upon that. Hell, we already hand gifted them Bassitt -- why not another starter!? Hahn does realize there are other teams in baseball, right?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:51 AM)
We're not prying Lawrie away from Oakland with some Beck, Hawkins or Danish as a centerpiece.

It's going to involve Montas. I can just see the White Sox thinking of him as a future relief pitcher and selling his value based upon that. Hell, we already hand gifted them Bassitt -- why not another starter!? Hahn does realize there are other teams in baseball, right?

Eh, Lawrie doesn't exactly have world beater value.

I don't see the Sox giving up any of their top four prospects. And lets wait for the deal to go through before crucifying Hahn.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)

RE: Character concerns. He's intense but Lawrie is fine in the clubhouse. Buehrle gave a solid endorsement and that's good enough for many.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:58 AM)
RE: Character concerns. He's intense but Lawrie is fine in the clubhouse. Buehrle gave a solid endorsement and that's good enough for many.

That's good to hear. Are you hearing any other rumors out there? Is this only the first domino to fall? And are they really looking at J Up?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:54 AM)
Eh, Lawrie doesn't exactly have world beater value.

I don't see the Sox giving up any of their top four prospects. And lets wait for the deal to go through before crucifying Hahn.

No, but you know the excuses -- 3B market is limited, we're trying to win now, they must undervalue (insert prospect we didn't expect to be traded but was)

I just don't see the prospects thrown around here getting it done. It's obviously close so we wont have to wait long