Eaton vs Heyward

Saufley

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
You'd think so, but Heyward hasn't really repeated his 2010/2012 seasons in recent years.

We'll see, I guess.

at the same time, Eaton was never projected as a 15 HR guy, nothing he's done in the minors has suggested that as well. Time will tell, but the safe bet is the guy with more raw power and 9 inches taller.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 11:42 AM)
Probably a bit, but his arm was really underwhelming last year. I remember when we got him seeing clips of an absolute cannon from CF but last year he seemed noodle armed. I think he would be a really strong LF, but we need some one to handle right. An outfield of Eaton-Thompson-Upton would be pretty good from an offensive and defensive position but we need some one to put out there other than Avi in right and we have to get Melky to DH.

Have you heard the one about Adam Eaton's throwing shoulder and the surgery ( clean up procedure ) he had on it ?

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
Oh Jesus Christ, is this a real thread?

It is and there have been quite a few intelligent comments. Amazing how many Sox fans appreciate a player who contributes and also has a team friendly contract. Let's hope that one and a few other team friendly contracts will help land the big bat we need.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
Eaton has a good arm, he just takes too damn long to throw the ball. Avi actually did a great job last year of getting rid of the ball quickly.

It does annoy me how often he throws the ball 3 feet in front of him and skips in to second base.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
It does annoy me how often he throws the ball 3 feet in front of him and skips in to second base.

That is trying too hard. He is holding on to the ball too long, probably because everything else is rushed in an effort to throw someone out. He speeds everything up but the release of the ball, or the grip is too tight trying to get extra on it, and it takes longer to release, and it looks like he's hunting rattlesnakes.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
Am I the only White Sox fan that is glad the White Sox didn't give the type of money and contract length the Cubs did to Heyward, Zobrist and Lackey?

I think I would have been tickled if the Sox added those 3, and the ticket office phone would probably be getting a lot of action.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
I would have LOVED the Sox to have signed Heyward to that deal.

Me too. I would have enticed him with opt outs every year though after the first four. Off year? Accept player option. Following season bounceback? Opt out and look for more money. Would have been fine with me.