Doug Fister - Rumor

justBLAZE

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
Am I wrong for not wanting this guy? I read earlier today his velocity was down to 86 last season. Are there any indicators that might show his velocity will return?

Honestly if they really are interested in giving Fister a major league deal, it means they don't think much of Johnson.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
Honestly if they really are interested in giving Fister a major league deal, it means they don't think much of Johnson.

You might be onto something there. It could explain the rumors earlier in the off season with the Sox shopping Johnson.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 08:34 AM)
I have no interest in Fister at all. I would rather give Erik Johnson the chance to prove himself.

I certainly would too, but that's all up to Cooper. Cooper gave Noesi a year to prove himself (or not); Johnson went external to get some help to straighten out.

Regardless they need another pitcher on the 25 who can start; put him in long relief as insurance. There's really no one in the upper minors if Danks or Johnson fails.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
I certainly would too, but that's all up to Cooper. Cooper gave Noesi a year to prove himself (or not); Johnson went external to get some help to straighten out.

Regardless they need another pitcher on the 25 who can start; put him in long relief as insurance. There's really no one in the upper minors if Danks or Johnson fails.

Right now I say the 6th starter/long relief man is Jacob Turner.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
How many pitchers the Sox have no interest in do they spend $1.5 million on?

Who said they had no interest? But reality indicates he would really be beating great odds spending 2016 in a major league rotation. If they truly are counting on him, and expecting to compete, that is a bit scary.