2016 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
Mattingly takes Conley out after 116 pitches with a no hitter. I think that's bulls***, although the reliever is three outs away from the no no and they still may get it. You figure it'll take him 132 pitches maximum to get the no-no. I think those 16 pitches are worth the risk of a career ending injury.

In the 8th inning Conley should have pitched to contact and saw what happened. They were winning 5-0, give up a a hit, homer, whatever the case may be.

Edited by Harry Chappas

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 2, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
Shelby Miller is averaging fewer than 4 innings per start, has a 1:1 K/BB ratio, and boasts an 8.49 ERA. That trade has the potential to be the most lopsided in decades. It's exciting.

I believe he is set to face the Braves this weekend. It's like the exact opposite of Clayton Kershaw facing the Rockies in Coors.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 2, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
Shelby Miller is averaging fewer than 4 innings per start, has a 1:1 K/BB ratio, and boasts an 8.49 ERA. That trade has the potential to be the most lopsided in decades. It's exciting.

He's on my fantasy team. Dropped that guy Sunday.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 6, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 11m11 minutes ago

Garrett Richards has torn UCL and will undergo Tommy John surgery, source confirms @JeffPassan report. @MLBNetwork

Wow, the Angels are a complete mess. Mike Trout's prime is just gonna be wasted.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 6, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
I don't think they would ever do it but the Angels really should consider trading Trout.

No they shouldn't. They have a bunch of money coming off the books. They'll sign some free agents next year and try to patch it together. You can't waste the prime but you also can't trade the best player in baseball for fifty cents on the dollar.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 2, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)

Yeah...I still can't believe they gave up Swanson for the love of God. Dude his .333 his first 21 games in High A...got pushed up to AA and is only hitting .450 in his first 5 games. That trade's gonna hurt for a long long time...