2016 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe noone said anything about Ichiro reaching 3,000 hits especially in a tainted era. What a legend. One of my personal favorite players to watch. Future hall of famer (in 2 leagues at that!). Has more hits than Pete Rose if you combine his total hits from here and Japan. Well done Ichiro and it's been a blast to watch you.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
Can't believe noone said anything about Ichiro reaching 3,000 hits especially in a tainted era. What a legend. One of my personal favorite players to watch. Future hall of famer (in 2 leagues at that!). Has more hits than Pete Rose if you combine his total hits from here and Japan. Well done Ichiro and it's been a blast to watch you.

Entered the majors at age 27 and still got to 3,000 hits, very impressive.

Tebow trying out for MLB teams.

Adam Jones with the perfect response.

Adam Jones @SimplyAJ10

After this @MLB season I'm going try out for the @NFL this offseason. I haven't played since HS but I've played in a few TurkeyBowls since!!

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Sources: Prince Fielder’s career appears over. #Rangers expected to hold press conference tomorrow.

As always, thank you, Rangers, for taking that moist turd of a contract off a division rival's hands in exchange for Ian Kinsler, who has been nothing less than fantastic since the trade.

And by "thank you," I mean "f*** you."

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
What a shame, for a little while him and Braun were just a wrecking crew

He still has $96 million on the contract. I am assuming it isn't a straight out retirement don't bother paying me, like LaRoche.

When he was a free agent, I was leery because his father fell apart around 31 or so. I thought genes might do him in, but this is obviously his neck. I imagine an insurance company is not very happy right now.

It is interesting that Prince and Cecil each hit 319 career homers.

Edited by Dick Allen

They were showing some ARod lowlights the other day. One was when he slapped the ball away at first base. Yeah that was lame. Another was when he ran back to first base over the mound. A baseball no no, again pretty lame ARod. The 3rd is when he yelled "I got it" vs Toronto and the Toronto infielders let the ball drop. Why is that a horrible thing when an infielder can fake taking a throw at second to get a runner to slide if a ball goes into RF? I had no problem with that one.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Sources: Prince Fielder’s career appears over. #Rangers expected to hold press conference tomorrow.

As always, thank you, Rangers, for taking that moist turd of a contract off a division rival's hands in exchange for Ian Kinsler, who has been nothing less than fantastic since the trade.

And by "thank you," I mean "f*** you."

I was so pissed when that trade happened, knowing that the Rangers did Detroit a huge, huge favor. In the end, it didn't matter because the White Sox still suck, but what the hell Texas.

Technically it's not a retirement, he is being declared physically disabled because the doctors won't clear him to play. He will still get paid his whole contract.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
I was so pissed when that trade happened, knowing that the Rangers did Detroit a huge, huge favor. In the end, it didn't matter because the White Sox still suck, but what the hell Texas.

Technically it's not a retirement, he is being declared physically disabled because the doctors won't clear him to play. He will still get paid his whole contract.

I don't think they have to pay the whole contract. There might be insurance on it. And they still get money went to them by the Tigers regardless if they do or not. Similar to how the Shields situation works if someone takes him.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 9, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
I don't think they have to pay the whole contract. There might be insurance on it. And they still get money went to them by the Tigers regardless if they do or not. Similar to how the Shields situation works if someone takes him.

Texas supposedly has the contract insured.