2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

They finished what, 1 game back of the Pirates for home advantage in the Wild Card and 3 games back in the division? That was a race until the last couple days.

Imagine hypothetically the Cardinals hit a wall the last week and only get to 97 wins. Suddenly the Cubs have a shot at home field against the Mets. Maybe it doesn't change David Murphy turning into Mike Trout, but that coulda been a different series right there.

Dude they got beaten so thoroughly, one of the most lopsided series in MLB postseason history, that I dont think home field would've made any difference. The Mets absolutely bamboozled them.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
Dude they got beaten so thoroughly, one of the most lopsided series in MLB postseason history, that I dont think home field would've made any difference. The Mets absolutely bamboozled them.

Didn't they play 2 in NY and 2 in Wrigley? It would have been the same if the Cubs had home field. They were 0-4.

Saying something like that is pretty out there.

If he had said 90 win floor, that would be at least bordering on non-controversial, although some would certainly make cases that with major pitching injuries, defensive problems, sophomore slumps that ending up in the 83-87 win total wouldn't be completely out of the bounds of reality.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
This thread is already a dumpster fire. I'll never understand why people are so worried about a team not in the White Sox division when they claim to be White Sox fans. Just pointless.

Its not worry. I think its fun to talk about and root against. Its like I have a second team to sincerely root for...every team in the national league not the Cubs. LOL

This thread is already a dumpster fire. I'll never understand why people are so worried about a team not in the White Sox division when they claim to be White Sox fans. Just pointless.

I'm a White Sox fan who hates the Cubs. I am not unique. It will not ever change. I hate them as much now as ever. I am sorry if some think it is offensive when I take great joy when the Cubs fail. It won't make me stop. But since they have already handed them the WS trophy for this season, I think the hatred goes up even further.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
Many of you act mature and above the crosstown s***flinging, but I dont. This may be one of those years that comes around so rarely where I root more against the Cubs than I do for the Sox. Let the hate flow through you.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
I'm a White Sox fan who hates the Cubs. I am not unique. It will not ever change. I hate them as much now as ever. I am sorry if some think it is offensive when I take great joy when the Cubs fail. It won't make me stop. But since they have already handed them the WS trophy for this season, I think the hatred goes up even further.

These are spot-on masterpieces, spoken like true brothers. Welcome any time on my lands friends.

It's to the point of delirium here. Get ready to have your fandom questioned.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
It's to the point of delirium here. Get ready to have your fandom questioned.

Now when that happens...its just dumb.

I think the whole cross town rivalry is fun and everything but its dumb to question someones fandom if they arent interested in it.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Now when that happens...its just dumb.

I think the whole cross town rivalry is fun and everything but its dumb to question someones fandom if they arent interested in it.

I get it to some extent. They're emotional because their Cubs fan friends/rivals have a ton of reasons for excitement. While I'm bullish on the White Sox relative to last year, I'm incredibly envious of the Cubs fan down the hall.

I just don't let underlying rage drive my fandom.

I get it to some extent. They're emotional because their Cubs fan friends/rivals have a ton of reasons for excitement. While I'm bullish on the White Sox relative to last year, I'm incredibly envious of the Cubs fan down the hall.

I just don't let underlying rage drive my fandom.

I hate the Cubs even when they're bad, I hate them when they are good. The rage that drives my hate is not underlying, but boils right up to the surface with pride.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)

Lol, I so identify with what you say here DA. I don't obsess over hating the cubs and that hatred is always second to my Sox fandom but when I see the cubs lose and the sad looks on the faces of their fans I feel all warm and fuzzy inside with a smile on my face. The cubs are a team I could NEVER cheer for regardless of who they play against. I'm sure you have heard this before, but my two favorite teams are #1 White Sox and #2 whomever is playing the cubs. :D

Roll call!

Black Sox

Jerksticks

Alexeihhhhyyyeees (love your name dude if i never said it)

Littlehurt05

Dick Allen

Sign up. Reading anything that spoiled turd Brett writes on bleachernation makes me want to puke. Yes, I troll that page. It's little battles like reminding them they tanked, that Sam Zell used their fanbase like an old whore, that their players are still prospects and may bust, or that now that they have Schwarber all the traditionalist-purity-of-the-NL-pitchers-need-to-hit-to-call-it-real-baseball whining phonies are going to turn heels and become the biggest hypocrites on earth clammoring for the DH when he posts a -50 dWAR this year. Winning those little battles of reminding them it's BS helps a bit.

I'm going to need a therapist if they win

Edited by Jerksticks

My hatred is not really with the cubs or their fans it is the media spin on them and over abundance of non-baseball bulls*** that surrounds them.

Concerts at wrigley field are a disaster waiting to happen and it is an absolutely terrible venue to see a concert yet it is probably the most popular concert venue in Chicago in the summer.