THE 'MURICA GDT: Yanks at Sox

The Sir

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Anderson's supposedly new to the game, but he plays like he's been doing this for a long time. How many rookies out there would have stayed too close to second and been forced out at third on that one? Instead, this dude scores. He plays like a smart veteran.

Shields has been pretty good the last 3 outings. The offense has been really hitting the ball. Future looks bright when the other guys get back from the DL. Getting 6 runs per game the last 10. Love what tim anderson is bringing this team.

Can we petition to get out of the AL Central? Sox are kings of all other divisions!

Anderson is a breath of fresh air. Like you said, Nate Jones and Duke saved the day after Albers was looking like he was gonna get rocked. The bats have been pretty good of late. We actually score during the course of the game, not just one inning.

Not gonna fall for it with team dysfunction, but this team is generally fun to watch when it gets out of the Central cept for abysmal Minnie.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
Not sure what you're arguing here, but you're flat out wrong. There may be a lot of bad on this team, but there is simply no excuse for having a DH that can't hit. It was one of biggest flaws with the team heading into the season and to no one's surprise Avi has once again failed to live up to his tools. This is an issue that could have easily been addresssed in the offseason, so I'm not sure why you're giving Hahn a free pass here.

Not giving Hahn a free pass . I have been all over Hahn for his failed attempts to improve the offense. As you said there is a lot of bad. The Sox are a bad offensive team. You can't pin that on just one player. And as others have said even adding Morneau ( if he hits well) to replace Avi will not magically make this a good offensive team. You could say if Abreu had been the Abreu of the past 2 years that would also mean the difference in a win or 2. What about all the games Lawrie sucked during the 35 games the Sox sucked. What about Shields wetting the bed his 1st three starts. How about the Rollins failure ? The Matt Albers implosion ? The game they blew in the late innings ahead by 5 or 6 runs ? The failures of Danks and Latos leading to their releases ?

You blame Avi if the Sox miss the playoffs by a game or two when others who have had better seasons and expected to produce have not lived up to expectations. Plus you didn't even mention Hahn in your original post.

It has been and always will be a team game and I just don't think you can ever blame one player when the whole team has not hit. You said it yourself, there is a lot of bad on the team yet you can blame just one guy if the Sox miss the playoffs by a few games ? Doesn't make sense. Of course I can also add how just about everyone wanted Ventura fired. I'm wrong ? Get real and stop being a sheep following the Avi is the scapegoat for everything other sheep.

The other thing is Avi wasn't supposed to see much time. LaRoche was going to DH. They weren't counting on Avi playing everyday.

They tried to change him up, but e erytime they make an adjustment, either lowering his hands or opening him up, he quickly goes back to his old way.

If Morneau can play fine, if he can't, I am sure they will bring in another bat.

Avi wasn't the reason the team went into that horrible slide.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 05:05 PM)
The other thing is Avi wasn't supposed to see much time. LaRoche was going to DH. They weren't counting on Avi playing everyday.

They tried to change him up, but e erytime they make an adjustment, either lowering his hands or opening him up, he quickly goes back to his old way.

If Morneau can play fine, if he can't, I am sure they will bring in another bat.

Bring in another bat regardless. Target an outfielder and a reliever and move Eaton back to center and make Jackson the 4th outfielder and hope Morneau can hit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)

I just came back to edit my post and add the LaRoche failure . Glad you beat me to it.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
Sox are up 6-2. Do they really need to use Jones 3 days in a row, 5/6? He's going to need a couple of days off now.

Yes they had to use him. That lead was going to disappear.