4. Jose Abreu ® 1B

5. Todd Frazier ® 3B

6. Avisail Garcia ® RF

7. Matt Davidson ® DH

8. Geovany Soto ® C

9. Jacob May (S) CF

Edited by soxfan2014

Broadcast Information

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio)

Ford White Sox Warm-Up: 12:30 PM Central / 1:30 PM Eastern *

Game telecast time: 1:00 PM Central / 2:00 PM Eastern *

8 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (Independent)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Springfield, IL / Decatur / Champaign WBUI Decatur, Channel 23-2 (this TV)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Radio:

Chicago AM 890 WLS / FM HD 94.7 WLS-FM-HD2 (using HD capable radios)

And the 'WLS White Sox Radio Network' http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

Spanish Radio:

Chicago AM 1200 WRTO / FM HD 105.1 WOJO-HD3 Evanston (using HD capable radios) / Channel 9 WGN-TV 'SAP' (Second Audio Program)

Edited by InTheDriversSeat

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Maybe Avi is like, incredible at tracking the ball in high winds, but has no idea how to track it when it's normal out.

Hmmm... true.

Or maybe Shields just serves up softballs and the Tigers send them out of the stadium.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
What's wrong with that? You'd rather watch Covey?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:11 AM)
He started on Tuesday...

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining now.

This. This is regular 4 days rest. Let him go out there. They can skip Covey and use him as a long reliever until his next start. We will likely need one with this group anyway.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
What's wrong with that? You'd rather watch Covey?

First off, if they're setting a rotation with fans in mind, they're playing with fire.

I haven't second guessed anything this week- I've first guessed. Today should have been called. The Twins series should have been Shields, Holland, and Gonzalez. Quintana on Tuesday for the Indians home opener.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:13 AM)
First off, if they're setting a rotation with fans in mind, they're playing with fire.

I haven't second guessed anything this week- I've first guessed. Today should have been called. The Twins series should have been Shields, Holland, and Gonzalez. Quintana on Tuesday for the Indians home opener.

Nah. Q doesn't need 6 days off. Plus, let him pad his stats against the Twins.

They aren't setting a rotation with fans in mind. Keeping him on a 5 day routine is probably good for him. If you ever listen to a pitcher talk about their routine, they have specific things they do each day. Obviously, they are going to have an extra day here and there, but he doesn't need one or probably want one yet.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:19 AM)
They aren't setting a rotation with fans in mind. Keeping him on a 5 day routine is probably good for him. If you ever listen to a pitcher talk about their routine, they have specific things they do each day. Obviously, they are going to have an extra day here and there, but he doesn't need one or probably want one yet.

They shouldn't set the rotation with fans in mind. However, there are pros and cons to giving the starters that extra day early in the season. However, after his last start, I would want to get Quintana out there again ASAP.

I think you're just mad that your "they can just send the Tigers home Tuesday night" line didn't come to fruition.

This is professional baseball in April. You don't cancel a game due to low 40s temps and wind. Get your ass out there and play.

What fire are they playing with? I see nothing wrong with having him start Sunday

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
What fire are they playing with? I see nothing wrong with having him start Sunday

I'm more making a comment on the way they've handled the weather problems. I just think today's game has the potential to be a farce, and they would not have been wrong to move both games to later in the season.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
I'm more making a comment on the way they've handled the weather problems. I just think today's game has the potential to be a farce, and they would not have been wrong to move both games to later in the season.

I think you are really over simplifying the ability to just move games later in the season.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)
I think you are really over simplifying the ability to just move games later in the season.

Against division teams? Easy.

I wouldn't be questioning this if it were against a team not coming back.