Anthony Swarzak to Brewers; Sox receive Ryan Cordell

username

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)
So what's a potential Swarzak deal with someone? (WSH, NYY, BOS, etc.)

Swarzak as a rental guy is interesting. I'd hope for an organizational top 10-15 guy and maybe a lotto ticket?

Getting anything for Swarzak is a win because he was a minor league deal guy but it seems like there is some interest out there:

Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi 15m15 minutes ago

More

Anthony Swarzak has appeal at #TradeDeadline because of multi-inning capability: 17 appearances of 4+ outs, 0.98 ERA in those games. @MLB

6 replies 28 retweets 44 likes

Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi Jul 12

More

Anthony Swarzak is a sleeper trade candidate. He's having career year with #WhiteSox, will be free agent after '17; 1.00 WHIP in 41 IP. @MLB

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 04:59 AM)
He's definitely getting moved, but it's going to be a for low level talent. Wouldn't mind adding another middle infielder for Kannapolis or Winston Salem.

Maybe an arm from the Red Sox system would be nice.

Yeah I guess Yolmer could maybe land something decent. It's unfortunate Leury got hurt, if he kept playing anything like he had he might've returned something really nice.

Though still plenty of time for that if he comes back and plays well the rest of the year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:14 AM)
Maybe an arm from the Red Sox system would be nice.

Honestly, I'll take anything with upside, but the two areas I'd try avoiding are A ball OFs and starters in AA/AAA. We have huge logjams in those areas, but an A ball arm would make plenty of sense for us.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
Avi/Swarzak to STL with Carson Kelly headlining the deal

Not sure why everyone wants to move our 26 year old All Star RFer, he's cheap, controlled, and should be extended. Can't send a team out with 0 vets, he's needed as a mentor at the least, also think he's the long term RFer with Robert in CF by 2020 and Jimenez in LF by 2020 as well, Rutherford is a ways away and struggling

Starting to think that unless Avi + can bring back a top 100 prospect then go ahead and wait until the off season to re-evaluate. If Avi continues to hit his stock will be up this winter and Hahn can dangle him at the winter meeting to see what kind of offers he gets. Or,Moncada/Abreu/Avi could give us a glimpse of what the future could be like and may want to keep Avi around. Ha, never thought I'd say that.

Still skeptical of Avi so I'm hoping the Cards get desperate and make Hahn an offer he can't refuse.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
Starting to think that unless Avi + can bring back a top 100 prospect then go ahead and wait until the off season to re-evaluate. If Avi continues to hit his stock will be up this winter and Hahn can dangle him at the winter meeting to see what kind of offers he gets. Or,Moncada/Abreu/Avi could give us a glimpse of what the future could be like and may want to keep Avi around. Ha, never thought I'd say that.

Still skeptical of Avi so I'm hoping the Cards get desperate and make Hahn an offer he can't refuse.

The Marlins could have a couple elite OFs on the market this winter plus there are a couple good free agents. Might not be the best time to dangle Avi.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 10:47 AM)
The Marlins could have a couple elite OFs on the market this winter plus there are a couple good free agents. Might not be the best time to dangle Avi.

Good points. Nice thing with Avi is the Sox have the luxury of keeping him if they aren't happy with trade offers. Not like he's blocking anyone.

Honestly any of the contenders make sense given his likely price tag.

Teams that make a lot of sense:

Rockies

Rays

Twins

Rangers

Nationals

Cardinals

Brewers

Maybe even:

Cubs

Red Sox

Less likely - because they want elite relievers: