Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
Reading the thread in /r/baseball and there are a few Cub fans downplaying Eloy, saying he'll probably be "Soler 2.0", funny how that always happens when prospects are traded.

In before someone mentions Tatis.

QUOTE (Superstar Lamar @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:05 PM)
Does this slow down Moncada's rise to the majors? There is no need for him to make the MLB roster coming out of spring training next year.

No. As a betting man, I would bet on him taking Todd Frazier's place literally any day now

Crazy to see this deal! Didn't realize the trade deadline is right around the corner (haven't followed baseball).

I think it's a solid return, Jimenez obviously being the key piece here.

Great trading partner, good trade all around.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/jose-q...-195650568.html

The White Sox now have the best farm system in baseball. This is inarguable. It’s not just Jimenez and Yoan Moncada and Michael Kopech, three of the top 10 or 15 prospects in the game. Their depth is frightening. It’s fair to say Dane Dunning, a right-handed pitcher acquired in the Adam Eaton deal, is somewhere in the vicinity of their 12th-best prospect. It’s also fair to say Dunning would be the No. 1 prospect in a good five to seven other organizations.

That’s how deep this White Sox system now runs. It’s Jimenez and Moncada and Kopech and the Cuban outfielder Luis Robert, on whom they spent more than $50 million. It’s Cease and Dunning and Lucas Giolito and Carson Fulmer and Reynaldo Lopez and Alec Hansen, all potentially dynamic arms, each part of a surplus for the inevitability of some failing. It’s Zack Collins and Jake Burger, their last two first-round picks, neither of whom will win the cover of Men’s Fitness anytime soon, both of whom resemble the Cubs’ thinking with Schwarber: If he can rake, we’ll find a place for him to play.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)
Miguel Gonzalez and Mike Pelfrey could be included as well.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:20 PM)
Holland and Holmberg as well.

fair enough let me amend

Sure Things

Robertson

Frazier

Swarzak

Cabrera

Spice It Up & Sell High

Kahnle

A. Garcia

Didn't See That Coming

Sanchez

Abreu

PTBNL or $Cash Considerations$

Pelfrey

Holland

Gonzalez

Jennings

Holmberg

Hi guys, random question, don't follow too much baseball currently: Is there a chance that the White Sox trade Abreu? I'd imagine he'd net a nice prospect from a team needing some hitting power at the deadline. I'd love to see him go.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
There's a pattern to this: Hahn takes his time, posters get impatient and say "Hahn is blowing this", Hahn Gets the trade done on his terms, posters say "Hahn is great".

Let's just accept that our GM knows what he's doing.

Does he?

Sox haven't made the playoffs since 2008, and had to deal away a once in a generation pitcher because the front office couldn't put a winning product in the field.

Spare me how great our GM(s) are. They've been abysmal.

Edited by Real

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
Hi guys, random question, don't follow too much baseball currently: Is there a chance that the White Sox trade Abreu? I'd imagine he'd net a nice prospect from a team needing some hitting power at the deadline. I'd love to see him go.

If there was a better market out there for 1B I think he would go, but since the market is pretty weak I think he stays.

Edited by OmarComing25

Very doubtful. He is a 1-3 WAR 1B whose inherent value to the White Sox is probably that of a 4-5 WAR player due to his leadership skills. I very much doubt he is going anywhere.

I'd only move Abreu if Hahn gets blown away by an offer. Wouldn't be a bad thing to keep Abreu around as a mentor to Moncada and move him to DH in a few years assuming he gets extended and the Sox bring in a better defensive first baseman.

Hahn would be crazy not to. I don't see Abreu's value being any higher than it currently is honestly. I expect him to regress to his numbers of the past two years by 2018, considering he will be another year above 30. You most definitely shop him and trade for what you can get.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
Does he?

Sox haven't made the playoffs since 2008, and had to deal away a once in a generation pitcher because the front office couldn't put a winning product in the field.

Spare me how great our GM(s) are. They've been abysmal.

Well, when your boss and your boss's boss insist that you go for it, when you yourself are intent on rebuilding instead of putting off the inevitable, can you really fault Hahn for that? It was said that Hahn wanted to make a significant sell-off at the deadline in 2015, when the Sox could have actually kept guys like Eaton and Sale and been positioned to make a run heading into next year, but Williams asked him not to.

Frankly, the fact that Hahn put a team together the past couple of seasons that had us squinting and seeing a team that could win a lot of games had many of us excited, given what he had to work with in the minors.

Rick Hahn knows what he's doing and is a very good GM. He is probably second to none when it comes to overall negotiation.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
You and whoever you were talking to just don't understand baseball as much as I do apparently

This comment just confirms that you are a troll, right? I mean it was already confirmed, but this just further cements it.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)
Hahn would be crazy not to. I don't see Abreu's value being any higher than it currently is honestly. I expect him to regress to his numbers of the past two years by 2018, considering he will be another year above 30. You most definitely shop him and trade for what you can get.

His numbers of .290/.350/.500. OK.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)

Sox will listen to offers on any player, but I doubt Abreu gets moved when guys like Alonso/Frazier are on the market

Focus needs to be on dealing Robertson now

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:01 PM)
This comment just confirms that you are a troll, right? I mean it was already confirmed, but this just further cements it.

I'm getting sick of people ragging on me regarding the topic. That is why. I admit he is having a good season. His value is as high as it will ever be right now IMO. He is playing very well. I have always said that if he shed some weight, it would help him big time. Turns out it has helped him. He is having a good season.

That being said, he has no place on this team in the future (unless as a coach). Ship him out while his value is high. He is prone to long, painful slumps.