**2018 Opening Day Game Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 05:37 PM)
I'd rather see him swinging at pitches slightly out of the zone, versus taking close pitches. He has such amazing physical tools, use them.

Well I'd love for him to have an isoD around .100 again and he's not going to do that changing his approach. Ultimately I think he just needs more experience. Needs to know he's got to be in RBI mode even at leadoff sometimes.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:37 PM)
I'd rather see him swinging at pitches slightly out of the zone, versus taking close pitches. He has such amazing physical tools, use them.

One of his amazing tools is his eye, he knows exactly what is going to get called. With time, by being patient with anything that is going to miss, teams will have to choose between pitching to him and walking him. I think the key for him is working on hammering pitches in the zone, because he knows when they're coming.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:41 PM)
One of his amazing tools is his eye, he knows exactly what is going to get called. With time, by being patient with anything that is going to miss, teams will have to choose between pitching to him and walking him. I think the key for him is working on hammering pitches in the zone, because he knows when they're coming.

He is too set on taking walks at times. He takes way too many third strikes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:44 PM)
He is too set on taking walks at times. He takes way too many third strikes.

The good news is it’s easier to learn how to be aggressive than it is to be patient. I’m confident he’ll make the necessary adjustments to become an effective two strike hitter.