05/30/18 Sox at Indians 12:10pm

29 minutes ago, Bazox said:

How long is he signed up for , has he had his head turned , does he want away ? I don't know how it works in the States with sportsmen but this happens with soccer players over here when there agent gets a sniff of a better deal.

He has 5 more years of team control after this one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Look at their record, and look at their schedule. They have played mostly crap teams. I thought for sure they were head and shoulders better than KC and Detroit. They probably will finish ahead of KC, but I think they may be in the top 3 of worst White Sox teams I have ever seen

Which two teams in our lifetime could possibly be worse than this 2018 team, outside of maybe, just maybe, the 1970 team?  And even they managed to win 56 games, which at the moment seems like it's going to take a Herculean effort for this current team to even win that many.   

Are any of you as impressed as I am, with how far Yolmer can hit a ball, with a seemingly effortless swing? I have noticed this, several times. He has surprising power. Who knows, maybe he will morph into a guy like Cleveland's Ramirez. I'm not suggesting that he could become a comparable slugger, but perhaps 15 to 20 HR's. 

Edited by Lillian

52 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Which two teams in our lifetime could possibly be worse than this 2018 team, outside of maybe, just maybe, the 1970 team?  And even they managed to win 56 games, which at the moment seems like it's going to take a Herculean effort for this current team to even win that many.   

First sub 50 win team in Sox history? 48-49 wins max.

They got taken by a superior team with superior starting pitching.  We can clamor all we want about this or that but  it is what it is. We suck badly  this year, and it is so awful and even depressing  to watch.  No one likes getting their @sses handed to them while hearing about how players in the minors need to develop and might make it by 2020-something.   That just makes me want to tune out even more.

43 minutes ago, greg775 said:

They are not earning their $$$ that is for sure. Lapses of concentration and QUITTING. I worship Hawk but he should be ashamed of himself by inventing These Guys Don't Quit bullshit. I want concentration! And improvement.

Concentration. That’s it. That is IT! These guys don’t all mostly suck, it’s that they’re good but their concentration is lacking. Problem = solved.

45 minutes ago, Lillian said:

They faced one of baseball's best pitchers today and that Cleveland lineup is very impressive. Why is anyone shocked at the results?

Cause Cleveland was awful before the sox came to town.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Cause Cleveland was awful before the sox came to town.

Greg, you don't really think that the real Indians resemble the poor start they have had, more than the way they played in this series, do you? That is a very good team. They have had problems with the bullpen and some injuries, but they are probably going to run away with the Central, before the season is over.

9 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Greg, you don't really think that the real Indians resemble the poor start they have had, more than the way they played in this series, do you? That is a very good team. They have had problems with the bullpen and some injuries, but they are probably going to run away with the Central, before the season is over.

Maybe you are right. I don't like the Sox tendency of being just what the doctor ordered to help turn seasons around. Sox come to town? Boom. Struggling team is good again.

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

They faced one of baseball's best pitchers today and that Cleveland lineup is very impressive. Why is anyone shocked at the results?

Probably because we look like shit in general, not only against the best. It's a tough year for everyone. Hopefully next year will offer some light for our tunnel. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For those that watched the game, how bad did Lopez look?  The velocity appears to have been, he didn't give up any HRs, and only one walked one batter.  Was he hit hard or did he just have bad luck and/or defense?

The biggest issue for Lopez right now IMO is not being able to put hitters away with that stuff.  And by that I mean mastering the art of missing more bats.  For his stuff, he should easily be a 1:1 Ks per Inning type of pitcher. 

17 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The biggest issue for Lopez right now IMO is not being able to put hitters away with that stuff.  And by that I mean mastering the art of missing more bats.  For his stuff, he should easily be a 1:1 Ks per Inning type of pitcher. 

He needs to refine his change up. It's been useless for him.

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

I still say all this losing can affect stud hitters with talent. Cause "what does it matter?" Rate Moncada when we get good, folks. You guys who want to lose have to accept the fact pathetic losing can affect certain hitters different ways.

FWIW--His first stop in the majors was in Boston who was in the middle of a pennant race.  He failed miserably and was sent back down. 

• Thanks 1