Rick Hahn

whitesoxbrad

27 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

MLB  Trade Rumors  has said the Mets will be looking for a new GM  this off season. Maybe the Mets will want to hire Hahn as their new GM.

Unless he's planning on getting a Bobby Bonilla deal, Hahn is better off in an organization he owns.

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Its funny because people keep saying how mess up the White Sox are as an organization, then there is the Mets.

Two worst organizations in baseball, bar none. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Sox/Angels/Mets are among the most dysfunctional of organizations these days. Gee, I wonder what they all have in common? I include the Angels because they're wasting Mike Trout, similarly to the Sox wasting Chris Sale. I think it is time for the Angels to listen on Trout. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

48 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe they'll hire you if you write old Wilpon a letter!

The perfect situation would be the Mets  hire Hahn as their GM. I would then write JR another letter requesting to be interviewed for the job of White Sox GM. Being "The Worlds Biggest White Sox Fan" (WBWSF)  I would give JR the most unforgettable  interview he ever experienced. I'm sure after my interview he would really have no choice but to name me the new White Sox GM.  Believe me White Sox baseball would be fun again if I was the GM. I WOULD MAKE THE WHITE SOX GREAT AGAIN!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, but if you have a 3 a 4, an 8, a 10, and an 11, your farm should be pretty good. Remember, Hostetler did say he would have picked Collins 1-1. 

If it takes several top 3 picks for your guys to build a decent farm system, you need new guys.

Great pick up dick he did say that, so our genius draft man says he would have picked him 1-1, what an organization

37 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Two worst organizations in baseball, bar none. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Sox/Angels/Mets are among the most dysfunctional of organizations these days. Gee, I wonder what they all have in common? I include the Angels because they're wasting Mike Trout, similarly to the Sox wasting Chris Sale. I think it is time for the Angels to listen on Trout. 

Did Seattle waste King Felix? 

Well, at least Mariners and Padres’ fans have close to perfect weather conditions every game...and it’s not like Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota O’Brien Detroit are doing particularly well, either.   

Maybe we should be emulating Milwaukee?  (Of course, having Selig as commissioner has helped, as well as escaping the Red Sox/Yankees/Blue Jays.)

The exceptions for tolerating terrible weather are always going to be the Red Sox, Cubs and Yankees (and their fans have taken a ton of criticism, too, in recent years.)

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

You just told me that I have to be in JR's inner circle to know anything, and then dropped a bunch of imaginary selling points of something by your own definition that you can't know.

I have history on my side, as well as anecdotal evidence of Jerry's own statements, and the teams past behaviors.

If you read what I said, I actually think it supports my argument.  KW arrived in 2000 and Paxson in 2003. KW's teams have played( and won) in one World Series. Paxson's teams have never made the NBA finals. Yet both have their jobs.  It may be loyalty, or business success but their longevity is not based primarily on the field/court success.  So one more time, with  JR's track record, I do not assume that   " if we don't see progress by 2020 heads should roll" .

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

If you read what I said, I actually think it supports my argument.  KW arrived in 2000 and Paxson in 2003. KW's teams have played( and won) in one World Series. Paxson's teams have never made the NBA finals. Yet both have their jobs.  It may be loyalty, or business success but their longevity is not based primarily on the field/court success.  So one more time, with  JR's track record, I do not assume that   " if we don't see progress by 2020 heads should roll" .

Your last argument was that the team was being intentionally cheap and bad for profit. No idea how John Paxson fits into that, but ok.

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Your last argument was that the team was being intentionally cheap and bad for profit. No idea how John Paxson fits into that, but ok.

Not at all.  My comment was  "  My point is that JR may not see it that way since financially the rebuild has been a success despite poor attendance. The question is JR more concerned about revenue or wins/losses. We will find out.  

I actually think at his age, JR may not care how much he makes since it is probably monopoly money at this point.  Hence my last sentence "we will find  out".  But Jerry will be 85 in 2021 so I would not be surprised if he steps down or sells by then. 

3 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Not at all.  My comment was  "  My point is that JR may not see it that way since financially the rebuild has been a success despite poor attendance. The question is JR more concerned about revenue or wins/losses. We will find out.  

I actually think at his age, JR may not care how much he makes since it is probably monopoly money at this point.  Hence my last sentence "we will find  out".  But Jerry will be 85 in 2021 so I would not be surprised if he steps down or sells by then. 

I believe there was article sharing the his kids would lose a ton of money through inheritance if he sells before he dies. Also that he told his kids to keep the Bulls and sell the sox due to the inherent instability of the cost in baseball and the stability of the salary cap in basketball.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2018 at 5:30 PM, southsider2k5 said:

We need to fire the fans too.  3rd worst in baseball according to the article you are were so fond of.  Gotta be safe here.

Well sure, we can do that, too, if you think we need to.  Only one obstacle before we can proceed with this sage recommendation of yours, though: don’t we need to “hire” them to do a job, first?  Can’t fire someone from a job until you’ve first hired them to do the job in the first place.  And as far as we know, the fans aren’t on the payroll responsible for any aspect of the team’s performance.  So as usual, you are probably right, but in this rare instance, maybe you are just off a bit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Well sure, we can do that, too, if you think we need to.  Only one obstacle before we can proceed with this sage recommendation of yours, though: don’t we need to “hire” them to do a job, first?  Can’t fire someone from a job until you’ve first hired them to do the job in the first place.  And as far as we know, the fans aren’t on the payroll responsible for any aspect of the team’s performance.  So as usual, you are probably right, but in this rare instance, maybe you are just off a bit.  

3rd worst fans in baseball according to the list you were quoting from.  Decades of not supporting the team. Your standards dictate cleaning house. 

On 8/10/2018 at 6:28 PM, SCCWS said:

Weren't the White Sox in the middle of the pack a few seasons ago in salary? Given the lack of salary commitments, and the flexibility, I don't see this coming into play for a few years. The question I have is if the White Sox want to "fast-track" the rebuild this off-season or wait until the 2020. A lot of these free agents may like the idea of a 4 year deal for huge money if it gives them another shot at free agency - the White Sox, if they really dove in, could offer 2 massive deals this off-season, and not impact future payroll. I sort of expect the White Sox to be only somewhat involved this off-season. It doesn't make sense to sign a 32 year old, but it does to sign a 27 year old if he fits into their long-term plans.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:34 PM, ptatc said:

I believe there was article sharing the his kids would lose a ton of money through inheritance if he sells before he dies. Also that he told his kids to keep the Bulls and sell the sox due to the inherent instability of the cost in baseball and the stability of the salary cap in basketball.

Correct. Taxes would eat the profit from a sale alive. He said he is keeping the team until he dies then the tax situation is not as bad for his kids / other investors. 

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Correct. Taxes would eat the profit from a sale alive. He said he is keeping the team until he dies then the tax situation is not as bad for his kids / other investors. 

LIP:  That is from a Capital Gains standpoint. But I think the heirs have to resell after the death  (within a few years) or they take a huge hit from an income tax standpoint. Also buyers get major tax write-offs to purchase teams.