Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

How is he not a fit? He'd easily be the best 3rd baseman the Sox have had from an offensive standpoint since Joe Crede, and his defense can improve with time. It would also keep Moncada at 2B which is ideal.

Because he’s a terrible 3B. We need to improve the defense, not make it worse. I’d definitely take Andujar all things being equal, but he’s a DH or 1B soon and that’s a pretty easy spot to fill economically in FA these days. 

I am not trading Carlos Rodon for him. Or Cease. Bad use of resources IMo. 

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Why wouldn’t he though? If Machado is at 3rd he’s got SS locked down till he comes back and then Andujar gets shipped out

If Manny to Yankees is done deal like you’ve been pushing the envelope for, we would’ve heard about rumors of them shopping Andujar by now.

9 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

If they are split on Machado like WSD and another dude said, that’d make sense, but I see Andujar being flipped for pitching if anything 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sounds like he was told he can play SS. Now it’s just a matter of seeing if they get Manny or trade Andujar.  This should also reaffirm the reports the Yanks front office isn’t all on board with Manny.

Yeah, I was gonna say, since WSD had the Tulo/Yanks connection tweeted a few days ago, his info about the Yankees FO being split on Machado becomes a lot more believable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

👀

My Machado source just texted me. First time he's said anything since he gave me the info from their meeting. I'll let you know if it's anything juicy.

Huh? Did you receive the text but hold off on reading it until you came here to post that message?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I would say Nightengale *possibly* being correct about him not fielding offers yet is way better news for us than them getting Tulo.

He’s the second national writer to suggest formal offers have not yet been submitted, that seems pretty important but I’m guessing most people here will continue to assume it’s in the bag for the Yankees because Dan fucking Clark and all that other “smoke”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

If Manny to Yankees is done deal like you’ve been pushing the envelope for, we would’ve heard about rumors of them shopping Andujar by now.

I’m not pushing the envelope for anything, I would like to see Machado on the White Sox just haven’t had much hope for that 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s the second national writer to suggest formal offers have not yet been submitted, that seems pretty important but I’m guessing most people here will continue to assume it’s in the bag for the Yankees because Dan fucking Clark and all that other “smoke”.

The no formal offers thing seems so far fetched. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, I was gonna say, since WSD had the Tulo/Yanks connection tweeted a few days ago, his info about the Yankees FO being split on Machado becomes a lot more believable. 

I’m assuming it’s a different source than the one that said Sox are very, very confident they get one of the two.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because he’s a terrible 3B. We need to improve the defense, not make it worse. I’d definitely take Andujar all things being equal, but he’s a DH or 1B soon and that’s a pretty easy spot to fill economically in FA these days. 

I am not trading Carlos Rodon for him. Or Cease. Bad use of resources IMo. 

It's not like the Sox will compete next season anyway if they were to acquire Andujar, what's the harm in giving him more time to learn the intricacies of playing 3B defensively. Moncada wasn't all that good at 2B in 2017 and the beginning of last year and he improved significantly with the glove, no reason why Andujar couldn't do the same.

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Huh? Did you receive the text but hold off on reading it until you came here to post that message?

No. The first text was "Don't believe the BS reporting". I'm trying to figure out now why he says that and what he may have for me. Could be nothing, could also be something I can't say. But I'll let you guys know which of those two things it is.

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I was thinking the same thing. A lot of people just seem very willing of the idea to get rid of a young, controllable, player that had a very nice season last year.

Well its not just getting rid of him. It's trading him for help in another area. Example: Andujar, Frazier + deal for Kluber.

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

giphy.gif

Dan Clark at this moment.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

Just now, fathom said:

I’m assuming it’s a different source than the one that said Sox are very, very confident they get one of the two.

That was a while ago, right? So many rumors over the past few months, it's hard to keep them all straight

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

No. The first text was "Don't believe the BS reporting". I'm trying to figure out now why he says that and what he may have for me. Could be nothing, could also be something I can't say. But I'll let you guys know which of those two things it is.

Gotcha. Thanks. I’m guessing the reporting is BS (Dan Clark) because offers haven’t even been submitted yet. 

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

It's not like the Sox will compete next season anyway if they were to acquire Andujar, what's the harm in giving him more time to learn the intricacies of playing 3B defensively. Moncada wasn't all that good at 2B in 2017 and the beginning of last year and he improved significantly with the glove, no reason why Andujar couldn't do the same.

If the boat sails on Machado, Andujar is worth considering. Until then, it just doesn’t really make sense to me personally. He’s got a great stick and is a good young player. Just wouldn’t want to use one of our best 3 assets to acquire him due to his very limited defensive ability. 

I also think there is basically no way the Sox are getting Andujar. The Yanks will use him In a deal for Kluber or some other top end of the rotation guy.

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic