Joc Pederson: πŸ’€πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

NCsoxfan

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think his arm will grade out better than fringe. But anyway, never liked Rutherford, just don’t like idea of being like β€œthese are the three outfield prospects we are going with, they will all hit”.

I said fringe average, which I think is a fair representation of arm. Β Regardless, trading doesn’t mean we are going with three guys. Β It means we’re going with Eloy and plus twoΒ out of Robert, Basabe, Micker, & GonzalezΒ with Walker as a wild card behind them.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I said fringe average, which I think is a fair representation of arm. Β Regardless, trading doesn’t mean we are going with three guys. Β It means we’re going with Eloy and plus twoΒ out of Robert, Basabe, Micker, & GonzalezΒ with Walker as a wild card behind them.

And there's also a chance that Anderson or Moncada gets moved out there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Rosenthal tweeted only 8 hrs ago that the Dodgers weren't close to trading Pederson.Β  There areΒ some big hints being dropped here that a Pederson deal will be announced tomorrow, but Rosenthal doesn't usually miss like that.

Rosenthal will put out what he's given though, just like all these guys. And Dodgers may have wanted a day of hardball via rosenthal

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

If Robert is not part of the future, that would be extremely disappointing.

He gets hurt constantly, he strikes out a ton at low MiLB, and he has shown zero power thus far. I’ll be happy to eat crow, but I don’t think he makes it.

I want at least three above average MLBΒ OFers. In Eloy, we get a superstar, and in Gonzo and Blake we get two borderline all-stars. OF in 2021-2022 becomes capable of putting up 13Β WAR per season, consistently.

I won’t be disappointed at all.

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

If this happens, I unfortunately think sox fans aren't going to love the price.

Hard to argue with it if you are the casual fan seeingΒ the depth of outfielders in theΒ system right now without knowing the system much, especially if you are planning to move one of moncada or Anderson to the outfield at some point to make room for Madrigal in the next year.Β 

Just a few notes:

- Joc was in LA today doing community outreach prior to the Dodgers version of soxfest coming up this weekend

- Dodgers still haven't announced the Pollock signing, even though his physical is done. Β That signals additional deals on the horizon to me.

13 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I would be filled with mirth if this deal somehow included the poor man's Joc Pederson, Daniel Palka (who despite his terrible defense I think fits better as an NL 5th OF/pinch hitter). Of course there is a zero percent chance that happens though.

Dodgers have loved our depth pieces much more than one would expect.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It's more than fair for me. Β I actually think holding on to Bryce Bush is more important than losing Walker.

I dont like 2 years of control, unless there are more moves to make the Sox much more competitive.

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Hard to argue with it if you are the casual fan seeingΒ the depth of outfielders in theΒ system right now without knowing the system much, especially if you are planning to move one of moncada or Anderson to the outfield at some point to make room for Madrigal in the next year.Β 

If youre moving Anderson/Machado next year to of, you have Eloy and Robert etc, why are youΒ  spendingΒ  prospects to getΒ Pederson for 2 years?Β 

Seems maybe better to use prospects to get pitchers or guys with more control.

I guess thats just a casual fan question.