SOXFEST Running Thread

NorthSideSox72

1) I was at Soxfest yesterday. It was crowded. They claim that the event was sold out for the weekend. I wonder  how many people attend this event. How many people are considered a sellout?

2) Some people said that next years Soxfest will be moved to McCormick Place. We shall see.

5 hours ago, Scoots said:

So I read that there were going to be some surprises at SoxFest...what were these surprises?

Actually... yes there was. On Friday, Frank Thomas and Jim Thome were put together for 250 autographs. The Sox screwed up and allowed the VIP pass holders to use their 'fast passes' for this which ended up adding at least another 150 people to the line. With about 50-75 people left, both Thomas and Thome stood up and left, and needless to say, there were quite a few loud, unhappy people. Apparently the Sox took the info down for the people that missed out. I've never seen a line get cut short like that. I was more surprised Thome of all people got up and left. Apparently they had a HOF panel with Fisk, Baines, and Raines and were going to miss it. They even cancelled one of the photo appearances because the line took so long. Other than that, it was a fairly quite weekend.

9 hours ago, WBWSF said:

1) I was at Soxfest yesterday. It was crowded. They claim that the event was sold out for the weekend. I wonder  how many people attend this event. How many people are considered a sellout?

2) Some people said that next years Soxfest will be moved to McCormick Place. We shall see.

It certainly did not seem sold out today. Saturday was packed, but it seems fairly organized so it helped. It started emptying out as the day went on today once guys like Abreu, Jimenez, Moncada, and Kopech signed. Nobody was in line for Giolito and Lopez and Fry signings, which I thought was a little odd (especially since Lopez and Fry were together). I heard about McCormick Place from one person in line, and they said they heard it from another fan in attendance. I'll believe it when it happens. I guess the Sox want to make it a Sat/Sun event. I really hope they don't change it because I'm so damn used to the Hilton now. 

17 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Actually... yes there was. On Friday, Frank Thomas and Jim Thome were put together for 250 autographs. The Sox screwed up and allowed the VIP pass holders to use their 'fast passes' for this which ended up adding at least another 150 people to the line. With about 50-75 people left, both Thomas and Thome stood up and left, and needless to say, there were quite a few loud, unhappy people. Apparently the Sox took the info down for the people that missed out. I've never seen a line get cut short like that. I was more surprised Thome of all people got up and left. Apparently they had a HOF panel with Fisk, Baines, and Raines and were going to miss it. They even cancelled one of the photo appearances because the line took so long. Other than that, it was a fairly quite weekend.

The HOF session wss awesome.  Especially Harold.