Boston @ Chicago, 5/4/19, 6:10, GT

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

I don't get it...he let Banuelos get embarrassed, and instead of being able to save the bullpen, he basically did the exact opposite of what you'd expect.

Trying to justify Renteria's decisions, during his tenure but especially this year, is an insult to anyone with even a semblance of intelligence. It's mind numbing how bad he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Seemingly half of this board tried telling me he was washed up and lying about his age two weeks ago

I only told you Anderson shouldn't have been tagging up. I'll give you credit. I would've sworn you'd be on ABreu's side on that one. Good impartiality. ABreu has been a very good player for the Sox in the long line of Cuban players.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I only told you Anderson shouldn't have been tagging up. I'll give you credit. I would've sworn you'd be on ABreu's side on that one. Good impartiality. ABreu has been a very good player for the Sox in the long line of Cuban players.

Ha yeah, I was surprised nobody pointed out at the time that my position there was critical of Abreu 

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Moncada hasn't exactly proven to be a stellar defensive player, and god knows Timmy is streaky defensively.

They're the best we got.

This team is light years from contending with this ownership group and front office.

I would bestow Pat Riley powers on whoever runs the Astros and get out of his way. 

But Reinsdorf's ego is too big  and his wallet is too small to allow an outsider to come in and change the culture.

Just now, GradMc said:

They're the best we got.

This team is light years from contending with this ownership group and front office.

I would bestow Pat Riley powers on whoever runs the Astros and get out of his way. 

But Reinsdorf's ego is too big  and his wallet is too small to allow an outsider to come in and change the culture.

At last check, Moncada is 28th out of 29 qualified 3rd baseman defensively on fangraphs.  Anderson is 23rd out of 25 for qualified SS.  The Sox would be the worst defensive team in baseball if not for the Mariners AMAZING defensive season so far.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

At last check, Moncada is 28th out of 29 qualified 3rd baseman defensively on fangraphs.  Anderson is 23rd out of 25 for qualified SS.  The Sox would be the worst defensive team in baseball if not for the Mariners AMAZING defensive season so far.

Like I said, they"re the best we got.

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I was taking a shot at the people who legitimately thought this team had a shot of being in the playoffs next year

this dumpster fire is years, plural, away from the playoffs

to think otherwise is asinine and borderline psychotic

We should of had a shot at the playoffs next season. This rebuild should have ended next year. 

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We should of had a shot at the playoffs next season. This rebuild should have ended next year. 

Says who? People in Chicago have unrealistic expectations on the pace of a rebuild since the Cubs did it so quickly. Sox are still a good 2-3 years away from competing. 

56 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Says who? People in Chicago have unrealistic expectations on the pace of a rebuild since the Cubs did it so quickly. Sox are still a good 2-3 years away from competing. 

Damn in 3 years Tim Anderson will be quite the veteran player.

3 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Why on earth would anyone buy a ticket too see this 💩show? 

It's very risky to buy a Sox ticket. You don't know which Sox you are going to get. One thing is for sure. We pissed the Red Sox off with the walk off and they've beat our ass the last 2 games with an automatic win Sunday. Bet the HOUSE on Boston and the over. Make some dough on what figures to be an automatic L.

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

When they finished the trades in 2017, me. I was saying 2019 maybe everything is arriving and they're dangerous at the end of the season, and 2019-2020 are the White Sox version of the 2015-2016 Chicago Cubs. Their talent was in their organization by 2014,  they had a top level 2014 system, and 2 years later they had a title. Our talent was fully in this organization by 2017. 2019 is the comparable year to their 2015, when they were in the NLCS.

Had we handled our talent as well as they did, that remains the appropriate comparison.

How much worse are we willing to be? Why are we so much behind their pace? Why is that ok?

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

When they finished the trades in 2017, me. I was saying 2019 maybe everything is arriving and they're dangerous at the end of the season, and 2019-2020 are the White Sox version of the 2015-2016 Chicago Cubs. Their talent was in their organization by 2014,  they had a top level 2014 system, and 2 years later they had a title. Our talent was fully in this organization by 2017. 2019 is the comparable year to their 2015, when they were in the NLCS.

Had we handled our talent as well as they did, that remains the appropriate comparison.

How much worse are we willing to be? Why are we so much behind their pace? Why is that ok?

The answer to the last two questions is obviously injuries, However Moncada, Lopez and Giolito have been here since August 2017 and haven't been consistent enough to solidify their place on the roster, and everyone else is either injured, still in the minors or both. It is partially bad luck and partially poor talent evaluation. quite frankly, the talent evaluation  hasn't been good enough to compensate for the injuries.