8/5 | Sox @ Tigers | Gio vs Turnbull | 6:10PM CT

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Just making a statement.  Game is too close for comfort right now!

Just because a team sucks doesn't mean you're going to beat them by 5+ runs every game especially when the Sox best hitter is out and the Sox aren't any good to begin with

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

as opposed to the previous interstate hitters

I'm not talking about who they had there previously, if Jon Jay is your cleanup hitter your offense sucks period.

Interesting when you listen to the other teams broadcast the amount of stuff you learn about the Sox.  It's always been this way with the Tigers.  It never fails that opposing announcers never let a Renteria boneheaded move slip by.

Goins is growing on me. He likely wouldn’t cost more than $1.25-1.5M next season. Could do worse as your 25th man. Dude has a great eye and can play some d. Has lit together good at bats, and picking up mostly where he left off in Charlotte. Definitely taking him over Yolmer at the price. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Goins is growing on me. He likely wouldn’t cost more than $1.25-1.5M next season. Could do worse as your 25th man. Dude has a great eye and can play some d. Has lit together good at bats, and picking up mostly where he left off in Charlotte. Definitely taking him over Yolmer at the price. 

Yes...he very well might be Yolmer's replacement.