Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread

iWiN4PreP

4 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Didn't know where to post this, but for whatever reason the website doesn't work - at all - on my cell phone anymore. It's a regular old iPhone so pretty common. No idea why. Works fine on my laptop. I assumed the site was down for the last couple weeks until today. Anyone else have this problem? 

Got a thread on this already, you can still access the site if you change your safari settings when on the site.

LINK

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

MLB Trade Rumors decided to write a story based on Heymans tweet earlier:
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/latest-on-james-mccann.html

Think it means anything?

I think the Sox simply don’t want Collins as the primary backup, so they’re not going to trade McCann for scraps just because they signed Grandal. McCann has minimal trade value, so why not just keep him instead of acquiring a piece that will never matter? Grandal spending more time than he had at DH and 1B could help him stay fresh late in the year when he’s struggled. 

23 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

King Felix news.  Sox fan replies are not surprising.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1207308369612156929

CC4560-AC-7899-4-DFC-AD6-E-62-D22861-DE2

When I think of King Felix and the Sox, my mind wander to another great pitcher with the Sox past him prime...Steve Carlton and how awful and sad I remember that being.  So then I looked back at his stats and saw that Carlton actually started 10 games for the Sox and had a 3.69 ERA and thought "hey I'll take a flyer on that" 😁

Just now, wegner said:

When I think of King Felix and the Sox, my mind wander to another great pitcher with the Sox past him prime...Steve Carlton and how awful and sad I remember that being.  So then I looked back at his stats and saw that Carlton actually started 10 games for the Sox and had a 3.69 ERA and thought "hey I'll take a flyer on that" 😁

That twitter chain just shows how miserable White Sox fans are.

On twitter, they honestly appear to be the most miserable group of fans in professional sports and it's nauseating to read. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

On twitter, they honestly appear to be the most miserable group of fans in professional sports and it's nauseating to read. 

It’s so toxic, and it’s a shame that any tweet relating to the Sox gets derailed

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Honestly, I stay away from twitter for the most part...it gets toxic enough around here sometimes.

Cashman was on MLB Network yesterday talking about the Cole signing. He used phrases such as (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Ownership wanted to do this for the fans." "Ownership is committed to winning at all costs." "We know there is significant risk in this contract, but it takes risks to win championships."

And so on. The White Sox cant be the Yankees.. but they aren't even one tenth of the Yankees. The Yankees are the deer you just ran over with your car, the Sox are a fly you ran into.

The Sox have built this reality that they live in. Is Sox Twitter too toxic? Tough shit, maybe they should stop being such a risk adverse piece of garbage franchise and give the fans something to be excited about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Cashman was on MLB Network yesterday talking about the Cole signing. He used phrases such as (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Ownership wanted to do this for the fans." "Ownership is committed to winning at all costs." "We know there is significant risk in this contract, but it takes risks to win championships."

Every GM says that exact same thing every chance they have. Yankee fans have been b****ing about how cheap Hal is for like 5 years now.

Edited by mqr