What would it take to get Nolan Arenado?

KnightsOnMintSt

2 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

If it's for Cease and a few others I'll take it. Move Moncada to RF.  

Screw it - i'll buy into the rumor just because now i kind of want to. 

If it was Madrigal instead of Cease, sure. The last thing the Sox should be doing is trading pitching. 

But in theory, the most the Sox should be willing to part with is Madrigal+lower level prospects. A theoretical Arenado trade blocks Madrigal. 

Anyway this whole thing is complete bullshit, horseshit, dogshit, etc. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

There is only one reason why I see the Sox doing is if they think they can’t extend Moncada long term so they would basically move Moncada to 2nd base short term or until Madrigal comes up and in the meantime they are looking for trade deadline suitors for Moncada. Possibly for more pitching. However, I think this is totally bogus and this guy needs to stop!

Lol Moncada is still controlled for 4 seasons.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

This just makes it worse.

It's a tricky one. It's great to see the Sox trolling this dork...but now somehow...this dork will feel that he achieved his goal of getting noticed and make 20 more ridiculous trade claims. I am so glad to WFH today, as I can just laugh at this sillyness. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

There are many things about this rumor that make it likely BS, but a big one is if you’re making this deal, trading Cease instead of Madrigal is a real head scratcher. Where is a Madrigal going to play? 

the biggest issue is there is no way Arenado, a player, has been told this news, made a decision, and the only person that will hear about it for days is mlbintel.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If it was Madrigal instead of Cease, sure. The last thing the Sox should be doing is trading pitching. 

Depends on how you view Cease.. or really how you view Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Dunning, Keuchel, Gio, etc. 

Can never have too much pitching depth, but there's a log jam there if all pitch to their potential, plus we could always draft one in the 1st round this year. 

If you turn quintana into Eloy and Arenado and sign Quintana in the offseason ... that'd be cool

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

Depends on how you view Cease.. or really how you view Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Dunning, Keuchel, Gio, etc. 

Can never have too much pitching depth, but there's a log jam there if all pitch to their potential, plus we could always draft one in the 1st round this year. 

If you turn quintana into Eloy and Arenado and sign Quintana in the offseason ... that'd be cool

Again, Acquiring Arenado theoretically blocks Madrigal. 

idk why I'm even discussing this....It's such Bullshit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Again, Acquiring Arenado theoretically blocks Madrigal. 

idk why I'm even discussing this....It's such Bullshit. 

Hypothetically speaking maybe the Rockies wouldnt want madrigal and wanted pitching. One team cant just say, take this guy he's blocked in our system.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would rather see Yoan play in Colorado and put up a .600 BABIP

Was about to say "man that would be some infield" forgetting that ... it already is with Story/Arenado and also...their 1b is like ian desmond or some old mannequin they found in the attic.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Hypothetically speaking maybe the Rockies wouldnt want madrigal and wanted pitching. One team cant just say, take this guy he's blocked in our system.

Then, hypothetically speaking, the White Sox can say our 3B is only marginally worse than yours and far less expensive, so you can GFY. 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Rockies have enough infielders - it's already an overflow situation of talent. They don't want Madrigal at all. 

If they move Arenado they just shift McMahon to 3b, Rodgers and Hampson STILL have to split 2b and they have Murphy at 1b. 

Once Murphy is gone next year, then it's Rodgers to 3b, McMahon to 1b and Hampson to 2b. Rockies are actually in a great position if they trade Arenado for pitching ... they just need to dump Desmond and his salary and then go sign another SP. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Then, hypothetically speaking, the White Sox can say our 3B is only marginally worse than yours and far less expensive, so you can GFY. 

The Sox could trade Cease and filler and then send Magical away for pitching. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The post had nothing to do with the trade because it's not happening. It was meant to show why the white Sox cant force a team to take a certain player because the poster said why wouldnt madrigal be in the trade.

Edited by ptatc