Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

2020 Draft: Day 2 Discussion

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Im eyeing him. 

There was talk that Baltimore was going to take him at 39 if Bitsko fell to them at 30.

I would be pumped if he fell to the Sox in the 3rd

5 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Crochet slot is like 4.5M, and I'd bet he'd sign for $3M... Kelley is asking for 3-3.5, slot is 1.6M or thereabouts... essentially they get both signed by Crochet signing that underslot deal.  Picks 3-4-5 will probably be majority college seniors with maybe 1 slight over slot.... if we can swing it... where they have no choice but to sign for whatever we offer them or else they don't play baseball.  Lol

So what is the limit teams can spend? The Sox are obviously playing with a cap?

And does it affect what they can do in this new MiLB Draft Free Agency with the $20,000K cap on players?

2 minutes ago, RudyLawRules said:

J.K. is a horse. This nugget is crazy. 👀

Screenshot_20200611-165011.jpg

HS pitchers are a crapshoot, but the White Sox also have the fortune of not having his HS coach abuse him.

• Like 2

The big question to me is what the quality is of a draftee that may be way under slot this year compared to previous year. Is it obviously a senior anymore?

Oh man i hope this kid makes it to the cardinals and all their fans defend his charisma after their pissfits over acuna et al

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Crochet, Kelley, Thompson, Dahlquist, Vera...man!

Just wish there was young hitting talent on the big league roster 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Too funny.....😁

Just now, fathom said:

Would be even better if they could sign some to long term deals.

I hope Kelley follows fellow Texan Kopech around and develops his work ethic. Second to none on the team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I hope Kelley follows fellow Texan Kopech around and develops his work ethic. Second to none on the team.

uh hopefully this isn't because kopech is like rehabbing in arizona and they are teammates.

Most obvious post in the world, but really nice to have two high impact arms added to the system. VERY needed right now, really injects some new life into the farm. 

• Like 1

MLB Pipeline had Crochet at 18th on their list at 3.48 M slot, and the Sox took him 11 at 4.55 M slot, so if Crochet agreed to slot for 18th overall then we have 1.07M to add to 47th slot which is 1.58M plus the penalty max.  So that's 2.65M + max penalty perhaps right there for Kelly.  We will see what they do in the 3rd round (0.733M slot).  We really shouldn't have to give up the 4th and 5th rounders for this IMO.

• Like 1

I have to think that both picks will sign if the money is close to what they were looking for. With all of the uncertainty in the world cash is king. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Most obvious post in the world, but really nice to have two high impact arms added to the system. VERY needed right now, really injects some new life into the farm. 

I also just forgot that we didn't trade stiever. For some reason I had thought he was traded for our RFer

So the draft is over for the Sox though, right? These two will take up pretty much all of their pool in regards to signing anyone else of real sneaky talent. Doesn't mean they can't find someone seniors and etc.

Great draft, but sometimes I do prefer quantity - especially with the risk of SP's. That said, these two guys have great builds and upsides and could be exciting. Role the dice enough and things will come up how you hope.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run