7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

Just now, Capn12 said:

To be fair...pitching has been 'good enough' to have a shot in a game vs 6th starter Plutko. But, when you have this lineup tonight, you basically can't miss any RISP opportunities at all.

Too many holes in the lineup. It’s not rocket science. Renteria punted this game in a season you cannot have a bench squad lineup

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Just want to warn everyone banging the Madrigal drum, if soft ground ball contact is annoying you right now from the current bunch, Madrigal is not going to blow you away with the hard contact and the exit velocities.   

This is not Yoan Moncada waiting to be called up. 

But it would be building towards our future and not a dead end. Madrigal has all star potential as well, so we can handle the pains. 

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

PBS still exists in the US?   Just curious...I read a few stories about funding shortfalls or cutbacks, and Sesame Street fans were in an uproar.

Not sure but I believe so. My son likes watching the PBS app on our Apple TV which seems to have a lot of new content regularly.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

But it would be building towards our future and not a dead end. Madrigal has all star potential as well, so we can handle the pains

With how toxic and negative the situation has become already just 5 games in, not sure many people will have patience  to "handle the pains." 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

With how toxic and negative the situation has become already just 5 games in, not sure many people will have patience  to "handle the pains." 

I’d rather watch a rookie like him struggle then the same 3 bench players we have been running out there since 2017 (Engel, Delmonico and Garcia)

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

There are a lot of Madrigal haters on this board so I’m sure they will be all over him if he comes out of the gate slowly but it’s hard for even the critics to argue that you’d rather see Delmonico in this lineup everyday over Madrigal.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

In terms of the talk about what year is the Sox year, this year or 2021.....When the new playoff system was announced last week, Fangraphs asked their 16 or so writers who they felt would make the playoffs. Only 5 teams were selected unanimously by the group:

Dodgers, Yankees, Rays, Astros and........the White Sox. So I don’t want to hear the walk backs by anyone that they didn’t at least have expectations for the playoffs with half the league making it this year. 

Very interesting and surprising.  How would anyone think Twins wouldn’t be able to make it?