Sign in to follow this  
soxfan49

8/1 Sox vs Royals GT

Heuer missing with the fastball now. Don't think I've seen any offspeed either.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe I’m not an idiot, but watching Robert perfectly read that ball and decide to play it off the wall was impressive.

he played it like a 10 year vet.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Heuer will get this guy out here.

Damnit Heuer I depended on youuuuu.

I very irrationally do not like Bubba Sterling!!

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

he played it like a 10 year vet.

Like he immediately realized it was uncatchable and got himself in the perfect position to the prevent the next runner from scoring.  We rarely see smart plays like that from White Sox players.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's swinging at pitcher's pitches and giving away at bats/outs for the sake of making contact, which is exactly what I feared most about his profile. His speed not being anywhere close to as advertised isn't good either. 

Madrigal is a contact hitter, he puts the ball in play. That's not an "issue" it's how he hits. Kevin Newman of the Pirates or Fletcher on the Angels are the best comps.

And you're just being a weird hater about his speed. He's not Robert and nobody has ever said he has 80 speed. He's quick and has 60 grade speed, which plays up because he's a great baserunner.

2/3 of Madrigal's value comes from his defense and baserunning. If he can hit at a league 2B average that's a 3 WAR player you have locked in to 2B for the next 6 years.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So much for the Heuer to the rescue storyline.

Doesn't get Starling, probably pulled.

Managed to escape the game and only give up 1.   That will help build his confidence that he managed to get out of it.

What a tremendously enjoyable game to thread....thanks everyone

Just saying....we are 2-0 with Madrigal starting at 2B 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

That graphic... I want those guys 1-2-3 Ricky...

It’s time to stop protecting them (at least for Eloy & Robert) and treat them like the stars they are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Like he immediately realized it was uncatchable and got himself in the perfect position to the prevent the next runner from scoring.  We rarely see smart plays like that from White Sox players.

Not trying to be overdramatic but the scouting reports (which were already very positive) were very wrong about Robert in many, many ways. He has very few flaws as a baseball player, and he is already reducing them (such as his swing-and-miss) in-season. The key is just health

• Like 4