Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports

bmags

36 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Amen ! I ve felt like a preacher lately pounding my fist on the pulpit about this and that this season means just as much in the window as any of them. Maybe more since making the playoffs is a lock. No matter how good we look on paper in the coming years the playoffs are not a lock.    

I have been fist pounding that McCann should be signed  and  Collins should be traded.

2 minutes ago, tray said:

He isn't a "back-up catcher"

Have you been watching the team this season?  

Yes. Yas Grandal is the regular catcher. McCann is the back up. And the team gav Grandal the biggest contract in team history not too long ago, so that isn’t going to change any time soon.

Edited by Dick Allen

McCann has an expanded role compared to what most people would call a "back-up catcher"  and you know it.

McCann may prove to be a better catcher defensively that Grandal moving forward which allows the Sox more flexibility with Grandal to place first base or DH.

You know this so why are you throwing this shit at me?

McCann adds value  and longevity to Grandal allowing him to rest his legs by playing !B or DHing, yet still taking advantage of his bat.

The Sox are in a win now mode so pay  McCann. This thing is working.

Did you see McCann today with the clutch double or the laser throw to third base?  Or the no-hitter he caught?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Pitcher ERA has to be over 2 runs lower with McCann behind the plate at this point. Last time I checked his ERA was about 3 and that was shortly before he caught 15 consecutive no hit innings.

If there is anyone who knows how to pitch on this roster, it is Giolito and Keuchel. Giolito has been clear in his preference for McCann, and I suspect Keuchel does as well. Beyond the actual results, I think Giolito knows what he is talking about.

Edited by Vulture

13 minutes ago, tray said:

McCann has an expanded role compared to what most people would call a "back-up catcher"  and you know it.

McCann may prove to be a better catcher defensively that Grandal moving forward which allows the Sox more flexibility with Grandal to place first base or DH.

You know this so why are you throwing this shit at me?

Mcann hardly plays bro.

• Like 2

If the White Sox  had Clevinger and traded him to the Tribe while tied with them for first place with 26 games left, the mods here would not be able to do their real jobs for a while. They would be too busy suspending and banning accounts.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3