Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Who should have been running and when?

For sure TA in the first and then he scores on Abreu's double.  I also would have gambled and had Madrigal try to steal in the 2nd and he then scores on TA's double.  Fiers was taking 5 minutes to deliver a pitch.  Knowing how our pitching was going to be you needed to gamble.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

These statements could be transposed to any failure with one of our teams. Maybe we should of kept Manuel.  Manuel wasn't hitting or pitching. Neither did Bevington.  

Not sure how that relates to this game right now but sure OK.

Just now, Dominikk85 said:

Sox didn't come through in some situations but they also had some bad luck with hard hit balls and line outs while most hits seem to fall for the As. Also the tight zone helps the patient As more than the free swinging sox hitters.

It also hasn't been that tight of a zone for the Sox hitters, like that first pitch to Madrigal.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think one has to be the leadoff single in the 1st by Anderson.  The other one i forget . It was after all a week ago ! Well seems like it.

Fwiw, with Grandal and Abreu after him, I would have disliked any steals then.

I think @Baron has been making a really good point. We are taking next year’s playoffs for granted. 1- the format might be much narrower and 2- we’ve never made the playoffs in consecutive years, ever. I think our rebuild has given us a stronger core that can finally do it, but this “house money” attitude where we keep mediocre prospects because we need to find out what they are instead of plussing up and gunning it for the now is dangerous.