Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy Harold

Sox & ReyLo settle at $2.1M

Recommended Posts

Now that the number is fixed, does this mean he can be traded now? 

Open up that 2m to help pay for something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Now that the number is fixed, does this mean he can be traded now? 

Open up that 2m to help pay for something else.

He could have been traded before this, but if a team is worried about the money a lot, having the money firmed up can help. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he beat my expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Now that the number is fixed, does this mean he can be traded now? 

Open up that 2m to help pay for something else.

The Sox need guys like Lopez as a back up to the staff.  Anything you would replace him with would cost the same or more anyway.  What will be interesting is they already have some mechanical tweaks in mind, so if they can rebuild him at all, 2 million is nothing if they can get him anywhere close to his potential.  

This year is probably his make or break year, as his arb price will go up again next year.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox need guys like Lopez as a back up to the staff.  Anything you would replace him with would cost the same or more anyway.  What will be interesting is they already have some mechanical tweaks in mind, so if they can rebuild him at all, 2 million is nothing if they can get him anywhere close to his potential.  

This year is probably his make or break year, as his arb price will go up again next year.

Katz is gonna have a lot of pressure on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well light 2.1 million on fire.  Whatever.  I'd have preferred to just non tender him.  The chances he turns into anything more than a shitty mopup guy are about 1/100.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Katz is gonna have a lot of pressure on him.

Welcome to the big's kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Might as well light 2.1 million on fire.  Whatever.  I'd have preferred to just non tender him.  The chances he turns into anything more than a shitty mopup guy are about 1/100.

Let's be real here, pretty much anyone who is going to play MLB for $2 million falls into one of two buckets.  Too young to get paid what they are worth, or back roster filler material.  There are pretty much zero players out there who you can go out and sign on the market for $2 million who you expect a lot out of.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like Frankie Montas just got 1.8 in arb 1 as well. Pretty surprised lopez hit this number.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let's be real here, pretty much anyone who is going to play MLB for $2 million falls into one of two buckets.  Too young to get paid what they are worth, or back roster filler material.  There are pretty much zero players out there who you can go out and sign on the market for $2 million who you expect a lot out of.

All that's true and I'd still have rather just non tendered him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like having him.  It is worth it to have work with Katz to see if there is anything there.  And even if it doesn't get him to what we all hoped he could be, it is worth trying him out as a reliever, and worst case scenario as a guy to just eat up junk innings.  But I still have hope for him.  But I can be a blind optimist.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

like Frankie Montas just got 1.8 in arb 1 as well. Pretty surprised lopez hit this number.

Yeah, but he's a cheater cheater pumpkin eater.

 

Even still that's a great point...

Edited by turnin' two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

All that's true and I'd still have rather just non tendered him.

The trash is always greener on the other side. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The trash is always greener on the other side. 

The devil you don't know is better than the one ya do!

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The devil you don't know is better than the one ya do!

I don't think that is the correct phrase.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are underselling Reylo, if you take away his 2020 season and his bad starts from 2019, he’s actually been pretty good.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think that is the correct phrase.

lol, neither do I but it seemed to fit the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

You guys are underselling Reylo, if you take away his 2020 season and his bad starts from 2019, he’s actually been pretty good.

You could say that about any shitty pitcher. That being said, Lopez's peripherals have always been shitty since he's been in a Sox uni, so it's no surprise he regressed hard in 2019. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You could say that about any shitty pitcher. That being said, Lopez's peripherals have always been shitty since he's been in a Sox uni, so it's no surprise he regressed hard in 2019. 

Somebody did not get joke.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His “gets hit hard to stuff” ratio is the highest we’ve seen since Javy Vazquez 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume that no settlement on Giolito means they are working on a longer contract.  Good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roto said:

I assume that no settlement on Giolito means they are working on a longer contract.  Good

Or the other side is that Gio just said something about not undervaluing himself in the Redditt talk, so maybe those talks aren't going very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×