Predict the Lineup

Chicago White Sox

There is no way to predict the lineup with the current roster. With Eloy, it was more locked in.

But now there are so many moving parts. 

I think these players will be the most consistent in their place in the lineup

1. Tim Anderson lead off. I expect he'll lead off every game he plays.

2. Jose Abreu 3rd. 

3. Nick Madrigal 9th. 

I think everyone else will get moved around from game to game. 

I think as fans we overanalyze the lineups. I'm guilty of this too. 

My current feeling is that Tony LaRussa has managed 5000+ baseball games. He's filled out more lineup cards than most guys in history. I'm willing to defer to his expertise. 

• Like 1

Just now, VAfan said:

I think as fans we overanalyze the lineups. I'm guilty of this too. 

My current feeling is that Tony LaRussa has managed 5000+ baseball games. He's filled out more lineup cards than most guys in history. I'm willing to defer to his expertise. 

I know, but having Leury batting 6th in the opening day lineup when you're supposed to be World Series contenders is like letting all the air out of the balloon for me. 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Idk. No idea what he meant by that. So does that mean zack starts vs the righty on Saturday and Vaughn back to the bench lol. My lord.

Maybe have more lefties face Ohtani?  That’s probably when Lamb plays.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Idk. No idea what he meant by that. So does that mean zack starts vs the righty on Saturday and Vaughn back to the bench lol. My lord.

Made it sound like Collins would be sitting the rest of the series which still doesn't make any sense. But I would guess TLR loves Garcia, seems like his type of player so he will probably start the majority of the time in LF

8 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Made it sound like Collins would be sitting the rest of the series which still doesn't make any sense. But I would guess TLR loves Garcia, seems like his type of player so he will probably start the majority of the time in LF

I thought so too but then I read fathom point and now I'm not sure. His makes sense too. 

Leury is a bad defensive outfielder. If you were gonna try vaughn out there how was the time, not when engel is back, imo,

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

22 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why does Zack have to miss three days. I'm very very confused. No one asked a follow up to this?

Honestly, I’m not totally sure. I’m taking a wait and see approach, I think it’s only fair. I want to see how TLR operates these first two weeks, I think we’ll get a good idea of what to expect by then.

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Honestly, I’m not totally sure. I’m taking a wait and see approach, I think it’s only fair. I want to see how TLR operates these first two weeks, I think we’ll get a good idea of what to expect by then.

This is absolutely the correct call, and I know lineups and managers mean next to nothing as I've argued for years butttt the one good thing about the sox hiring la russa for me is I will now irrationally blame him for all all white sox failures this year. 

I do think vaughn should be in the lineup but in 1 game it likely means pretty much zero.