Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flavum

3/16 vs Padres, 3:10

Recommended Posts

Lopez looks bad once again. He has no business being in the majors with a contending team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Mercedes has a very fast release

How are you guys watching the game? 

Also, where was Rodon velocity wise? Any reports? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Haha, learn to dive Timmy

Tim's gotta clean this shit up.   Only thing keeping him from being in that top dog conversation is these mental blunders with the glove.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Tim's gotta clean this shit up.   Only thing keeping him from being in that top dog conversation is these mental blunders with the glove.   

He never, ever dives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How are you guys watching the game? 

Also, where was Rodon velocity wise? Any reports? 

Padres seemed behind on his fastball all day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

He never, ever dives. 

that play really didn't require any diving, just catch the the damn ball and worry about throwing after you have it.   Or at the very least, keep the thing in the infield to not allow a run.   Lopez got stung by inept defense that inning, TA and Eaton (boy, he looks like shit out there too). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

that play really didn't require any diving, just catch the the damn ball and worry about throwing after you have it.   Or at the very least, keep the thing in the infield to not allow a run.   Lopez got stung by inept defense that inning, TA and Eaton (boy, he looks like shit out there too). 

If you notice though, Anderson took the long route to the ball and even if he fielded it, he had no chance of getting the out.  If he cut across and dove, it’s a much easier play with shorter throw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eaton and Madrigal need to be nicknamed the Slap Brothers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Mercedes has a very fast release

He’s actually looked all around not terrible defensively this spring. I wouldn’t say good, but passable on a periodic basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love that hit the opposite way for Collins.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, poppysox said:

Love that hit the opposite way for Collins.  

Never quite sure why people here are so quick to give up on guys like Collins. He’s adjusted to every level and done well. Ricky did a terrible job not using Collins last year as he continued to trot EE out there every game. That’s stupidity right there and likely was one of the reasons he was fired. That and having Mazara out there every game. That’s stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have a feeling we’re all going to feel real shitty at the All-Star break when we could of had Joe Musgrove and instead got a fat Yogurt Sanchez plus the buy-outs for Nate Jones & Welington Castillo paid for by the Rangers.

Which starting pitcher do you sit while Musgrove starts??  Cease, Rodon and Kopek have all looked better than I thought Musgrove looked today...and none would have cost trade assets.   Lopez gives up 2 runs because of bad defense and we say he doesn't belong in the major leagues while Musgrove gives  up 3 because of bad defense and we wish he was on our team.  White Sox PTSD....this team looks really good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current thoughts on Collins/Mercedes/Vaughn?

How has Madrigal looked today?

And is Gore at 94-97 mph still/again?  Did Rodon throw the ball as well as his numbers would indicate?

Does anyone think they will trade Lopez instead?  Or just start him in Charlotte as insurance with a regular rotation turn? Is his fastball crisper this time out?

Lots of questions, sorry...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Current thoughts on Collins/Mercedes/Vaughn?

How has Madrigal looked today?

And is Gore at 94-97 mph still/again?  Did Rodon throw the ball as well as his numbers would indicate?

Does anyone think they will trade Lopez instead?  Or just start him in Charlotte as insurance with a regular rotation turn? Is his fastball crisper this time out?

Lots of questions, sorry...

 

You couldn't trade him for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Which starting pitcher do you sit while Musgrove starts??  Cease, Rodon and Kopek have all looked better than I thought Musgrove looked today...and none would have cost trade assets.   Lopez gives up 2 runs because of bad defense and we say he doesn't belong in the major leagues while Musgrove gives  up 3 because of bad defense and we wish he was on our team.  White Sox PTSD....this team looks really good.  

Other than Katz, what are the reasons for Lopez optimism?  

With Musgrove, besides the advanced analytics, you have the motivation of any pitcher moving from the worst team in baseball to a Top 3 squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delayed cable cast is 2 am Central on MLBN. Sometimes they are blacked out in Chicago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You couldn't trade him for anything.

Buy low/sell high then.  Better to stow him away at Charlotte as insurance and see if he can somehow regain some of his lost confidence.  Odds aren’t that great, and that stadium is like pitching in Denver.  Who knows, maybe he will stare his career crossroads down and come out a better pitcher on the other side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caulfield12 said:

Current thoughts on Collins/Mercedes/Vaughn?

How has Madrigal looked today?

And is Gore at 94-97 mph still/again?  Did Rodon throw the ball as well as his numbers would indicate?

Does anyone think they will trade Lopez instead?  Or just start him in Charlotte as insurance with a regular rotation turn? Is his fastball crisper this time out?

Lots of questions, sorry...

 

1)  How could they not keep Collins?   Lefty hitting catcher that looks legit as a hitter. 

2) Madrigal looked very good defensively and very slappy as a hitter.   

3) Mercedes has a great arm for eliminating the opponents running game...does seem to drop third strikes and pass balls...and looks imposing as a hitter.  I think he has an option left so have him catch full time at Charlotte and impress some other organization?   

4) Rodon looked fantastic...lots of swing and miss stuff.  Man if he can be what we thought he was going to be three years ago...lefty starter...I know, I know.

5) I like the idea of sending Lopez to Charlotte...the guy has ability if they can harness it enough...package him and Mercedes at all-Star break and you might get something for him.

MLB.tv is great.  

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×