Sox vs Indians - Tuesday, April 13th, 710pm

smalls2598

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

I'm at a loss for words.  I am literally having trouble typing because I can't make sense of this.  Williams two days in a row.  No Vaughn.  No Mercedes.  Jake Lamb at DH.  If they win, that's great, but way too many questions as to why the lineup is being handled this way.  If this is how it's going to be, Vaughn needs to go to the alternate site to play every day.  Or, as someone else posted, Hahn needs to step in and take Tony's toys away.

You're writing this like LaRussa doesn't have the final say over players and front office decisions.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is only because there was such a huge difference in 2018 when Bieber wasn't good. Bieber is a much different pitcher now and since he actually started dominating big leaguers he has dominated lefties more than righties (although it's negligible and he kills everyone).

Yep and I'd still take my chances with Yermin over Lamb. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

You're writing this like LaRussa doesn't have the final say over players and front office decisions.

I agree that he does, but that makes it even more inexplicable that improving the bench wasn't more of a priority this off-season. If you're constantly going to be rotating players in & out, even a Leury/Mendick/Engel bench isn't going to be good enough. That's without getting into what happens to the depth after a few injuries like we've seen.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I thought that was after his last game? so 0 maybe? loll

Hell, you might be right.  My brain is so jumbled from getting mad at Tony every day I don't know where we are this point ha.

• Like 1

I tend to be more forgiving of these early mayday! mayday! lineups, because of the injury issues and all that.  But this really looks like one of those issues where Tony feels a hell of a lot more comfortable with a player than he should be and is trying to prove everyone wrong

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

If anyone wants the real answer why this is happening:

Tim is about to come off the IL, Jake Lamb is about to be DFA'd, and Tony wanted to throw him a start before that happens.  Trying to win a baseball game, be damned.

Tony can suck these big, well manacured balls then.

• Haha 2

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I’m sure Yermin doesn’t mind his day off is against Bieber. Although you would kind of like your hottest bats facing him.

I am sure he doesn't mind Jake Lamb taking his place.

I am sure Yaz doesn't mind Nick Williams batting over him.

At some point, you lose the players.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am sure he doesn't mind Jake Lamb taking his place.

I am sure Yaz doesn't mind Nick Williams batting over him.

At some point, you lose the players.

I don't think this is the case, 11 games in.  I think all this is, is a poorly constructed lineup 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I tend to be more forgiving of these early mayday! mayday! lineups, because of the injury issues and all that.  But this really looks like one of those issues where Tony feels a hell of a lot more comfortable with a player than he should be and is trying to prove everyone wrong

Is it he feels more comfortable with someone or just isn’t high on Vaughn?  Don’t forget the rumor is he was the one pushing for Cruz.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic