Rays @ Sox, 6/14 7:10 ct

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Perhaps Mercedes,Eaton and Vaughn shouldn't have played and been replaced by Collins, Engel and Lamb.

Perhaps Mercedes and Eaton DFA and Vaughn to the Minors.

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Perhaps Mercedes and Eaton DFA and Vaughn to the Minors.

There's no need for any of that until Eloy and Robert come back.  So you just keep reassessing their time on the roster until such time either at the trade deadline or when Eloy and Robert return you are forced to make decisions. Lot's of guys get cold at different times especially guys like Mercedes and Vaughn who haven't had much time facing MLB pitching. Others like Eaton maybe get cold because of nagging injuries.

All 3 may survive Eloy and Robert coming back depending on their future play . Between Eaton, Vaughn, Lamb, Leury, Hamilton, Engel and Goodwin  some will see a lot less playing time and some won't survive the coming roster crunch in the OF. I don't know how likely it is any of them get traded but between them and the minor league OF's ( Rutherford, Gonzalez and Adolfo) we have a ton of OF's to be rid of one way or another.

8 hours ago, tray said:

I would love to trade Hendriks if the Sox could get a decent return for him but admittedly, part of that is because I don't care for the guy's over-the-top act and vulgarity.

IMO without Hendriks, the Sox could still  Close by committee, like the Rays do.

The Rays don't really close by committee. Diego Castillo is their primary closer and he has 11 of their 22 saves.  Next guy has 3.

8 hours ago, tray said:

I would love to trade Hendriks if the Sox could get a decent return for him but admittedly, part of that is because I don't care for the guy's over-the-top act and vulgarity.

IMO without Hendriks, the Sox could still  Close by committee, like the Rays do.

Let me take a wild guess here.  I bet you wouldn't like Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth, either.

Remember it is a long season and a team is not as good as they seem when things are going great and not as bad as some think when they lose ONE in a row to one of the best teams in the AL.