Sign in to follow this  
hi8is

Thanks For 2021 Sox

It didn’t end the way we wanted but considering how much adversity this group faced - we all enjoyed a lot of great moments this season.

GO SOX forever.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

How the fuck was this team more exciting with the likes of Yermin, Nick Williams, Jake Lamb, Goodwin, and Hamilton getting steady at bats. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It didn’t end the way we wanted but considering how much adversity this group faced - we all enjoyed a lot of great moments this season.

GO SOX forever.

Class !

• Thanks 2

This season gave us the Rodon no-no, the Field of Dreams walk off, a Division Championship, and the amazing ALDS Game 3.

There are many more awesome moments I'm probably missing.

The Sox will be back stronger next year. 

For now, I shift to college football mode. Go Hawkeyes.

• Like 1

As someone who was a toddler in 2005 and 2008, this is by far the most emotionally invested I've ever gotten in a Sox season. Last year just wasn't at this level. It was largely very rewarding, but the crash at the end hurts much more.

Here’s one for Rodon too who gave us all he had today. Good on ya bulldog.

• Like 1

It was a fun season, no doubt.  It just sucks to have such high expectations go unrealized.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

As someone who was a toddler in 2005 and 2008, this is by far the most emotionally invested I've ever gotten in a Sox season. Last year just wasn't at this level. It was largely very rewarding, but the crash at the end hurts much more.

Being a sox fan who isn't old enough to have remembered 2005 is a ROUGH existence. Sorry bro.

• Like 1

Also worth mentioning that this year we saw our team in the playoffs for consecutive years for the first time… let’s keep that trend going for the entirety of this window.

• Like 1

Sox won the division easily then lost to the team that’s been in the ALCS for 5 years straight. They’re also the perfect counter to the Sox - they kill fastballs and don’t make mistakes. Could never build momentum except in game 3.

Going to enjoy this rivalry. Let’s hope we get our 08 blackout game moment against them next postseason.

• Like 1

Thank you SoxTalk for 2021!

Edited by shago
  • Like 3

Just now, almagest said:

Sox won the division easily then lost to the team that’s been in the ALCS for 5 years straight. They’re also the perfect counter to the Sox - they kill fastballs and don’t make mistakes. Could never build momentum except in game 3.

Going to enjoy this rivalry. Let’s hope we get our 08 blackout game moment against them next postseason.

Amen, brother. Fuck the Lastros forever.

Division championship. That is cool I'll take it. 93 wins is great but we could've been better. It's a missed opportunity with this talented roster we've put together. I'm sad/mad more than positive right now.

30 minutes ago, hi8is said:

GO SOX forever.

I'm with ya, can't agree with all the Sox fans down on this team, we're a few pieces away with great young talent...some folks acting as if the Sox just lost 100 games this season, lol. This is the beginning of our window, there will be better seasons soon...with that said, please retire TLR.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was a fun season, no doubt.  It just sucks to have such high expectations go unrealized.

That's the problem, I had low expectations considering the relative inexperience compared to the Astros, cheating or not, they've been here before, this team is getting started.

Well they won the greatest regular season game ever.

This team was indeed so goddam fun though when Yermin and Hamilton were regularly in the lineuo.

15 minutes ago, Angel Hernandez said:

Division championship. That is cool I'll take it. 93 wins is great but we could've been better. It's a missed opportunity with this talented roster we've put together. I'm sad/mad more than positive right now.

Jesus what a low bar. It’s one thing if the division was competitive but overall yuck.

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Jesus what a low bar. It’s one thing if the division was competitive but overall yuck.

Brother we root for one of the worst franchises in sports history. We take banners when we get them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Brother we root for one of the worst franchises in sports history. We take banners when we get them.

Honestly that is fair. First time in history we’ve gone to the postseason back to back years.

Baby steps.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Dude literally said multiple times he was disappointed. I know this is expecting a lot but we really shouldn’t shit on each other.

Oops - guess I just did.

Welcome to Soxtalk!

Some great moments this year, Sheets’ game winner HR against the damn Twins, Billy’s awesome catch with my son and I in the stands in a rainy Minnesota, Rodon’s no no, the Field of Dreams walk off, the frenzied playoff crowds in Gms 3-4, some great stuff that happened in ‘21.

Edited by gogowsox
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well they won the greatest regular season game ever.

This team was indeed so goddam fun though when Yermin and Hamilton were regularly in the lineuo.

Yermin was fun for about 2 weeks.