Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hi8is

Thanks For 2021 Sox

Recommended Posts

It didn’t end the way we wanted but considering how much adversity this group faced - we all enjoyed a lot of great moments this season.

GO SOX forever.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the fuck was this team more exciting with the likes of Yermin, Nick Williams, Jake Lamb, Goodwin, and Hamilton getting steady at bats. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It didn’t end the way we wanted but considering how much adversity this group faced - we all enjoyed a lot of great moments this season.

GO SOX forever.

Class !

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season gave us the Rodon no-no, the Field of Dreams walk off, a Division Championship, and the amazing ALDS Game 3.

There are many more awesome moments I'm probably missing.

The Sox will be back stronger next year. 

For now, I shift to college football mode. Go Hawkeyes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who was a toddler in 2005 and 2008, this is by far the most emotionally invested I've ever gotten in a Sox season. Last year just wasn't at this level. It was largely very rewarding, but the crash at the end hurts much more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s one for Rodon too who gave us all he had today. Good on ya bulldog.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a fun season, no doubt.  It just sucks to have such high expectations go unrealized.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

As someone who was a toddler in 2005 and 2008, this is by far the most emotionally invested I've ever gotten in a Sox season. Last year just wasn't at this level. It was largely very rewarding, but the crash at the end hurts much more.

Being a sox fan who isn't old enough to have remembered 2005 is a ROUGH existence. Sorry bro.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also worth mentioning that this year we saw our team in the playoffs for consecutive years for the first time… let’s keep that trend going for the entirety of this window.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sox won the division easily then lost to the team that’s been in the ALCS for 5 years straight. They’re also the perfect counter to the Sox - they kill fastballs and don’t make mistakes. Could never build momentum except in game 3.

 

Going to enjoy this rivalry. Let’s hope we get our 08 blackout game moment against them next postseason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you SoxTalk for 2021!

Edited by shago
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, almagest said:

Sox won the division easily then lost to the team that’s been in the ALCS for 5 years straight. They’re also the perfect counter to the Sox - they kill fastballs and don’t make mistakes. Could never build momentum except in game 3.

 

Going to enjoy this rivalry. Let’s hope we get our 08 blackout game moment against them next postseason.

Amen, brother. Fuck the Lastros forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Division championship. That is cool I'll take it. 93 wins is great but we could've been better. It's a missed opportunity with this talented roster we've put together. I'm sad/mad more than positive right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It didn’t end the way we wanted but considering how much adversity this group faced - we all enjoyed a lot of great moments this season.

GO SOX forever.

I'm with ya, can't agree with all the Sox fans down on this team, we're a few pieces away with great young talent...some folks acting as if the Sox just lost 100 games this season, lol. This is the beginning of our window, there will be better seasons soon...with that said, please retire TLR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was a fun season, no doubt.  It just sucks to have such high expectations go unrealized.

That's the problem, I had low expectations considering the relative inexperience compared to the Astros, cheating or not, they've been here before, this team is getting started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they won the greatest regular season game ever.

 

This team was indeed so goddam fun though when Yermin and Hamilton were regularly in the lineuo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Angel Hernandez said:

Division championship. That is cool I'll take it. 93 wins is great but we could've been better. It's a missed opportunity with this talented roster we've put together. I'm sad/mad more than positive right now.

Jesus what a low bar. It’s one thing if the division was competitive but overall yuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manbearpuig said:

Jesus what a low bar. It’s one thing if the division was competitive but overall yuck.

Brother we root for one of the worst franchises in sports history. We take banners when we get them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Brother we root for one of the worst franchises in sports history. We take banners when we get them.

Honestly that is fair. First time in history we’ve gone to the postseason back to back years.

Baby steps.

Edited by manbearpuig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Jesus what a low bar. It’s one thing if the division was competitive but overall yuck.

Dude literally said multiple times he was disappointed. I know this is expecting a lot but we really shouldn’t shit on each other.

Oops - guess I just did.

Welcome to Soxtalk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some great moments this year, Sheets’ game winner HR against the damn Twins, Billy’s awesome catch with my son and I in the stands in a rainy Minnesota, Rodon’s no no, the Field of Dreams walk off, the frenzied playoff crowds in Gms 3-4, some great stuff that happened in ‘21.

Edited by gogowsox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well they won the greatest regular season game ever.

 

This team was indeed so goddam fun though when Yermin and Hamilton were regularly in the lineuo.

Yermin was fun for about 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×