The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

12 minutes ago, flavum said:

I like it, but that means more west coast games potentially, and could mean a lot of teams losing off days for makeup games. We’ll see how it goes.

It's also going to be interesting to have fewer division games when head to head records will be the first tiebreaker for the division/wild card. Series against your division and league leaders will count a lot more.

29 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Wow wtf.

This makes sense to me with more teams making the playoffs. It's less about finding who is the best team in a division and more about finding the 12 best teams. A more spread out schedule will allow those teams to rise to the top more fairly.

I would think:

13 games x 4 (division teams)

3 games x 15 (vs NL teams) + 1 vs cubs (2/2 series)

6 or 7 games x 10 AL teams out of division 

52+ 46+ 64= 162

I like playing a variety of teams, but there’s also an outside chance a 5-team division could have a very low win total. At this point, just get rid of divisions, and play a balanced schedule.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So what happens if the MVP or CY Young isn’t a pre-arb player? The money just stays in the pool for everyone else?

Way I understand it is players get those bonuses if they apply and then the remainder is chopped up amongst top 20% pre arb players, presumably also including the award winners.

On 3/7/2022 at 8:04 PM, Middle Buffalo said:

I don’t even care what they’re fighting about. I don’t identify with either side. I’ll watch games when it’s over.

No matter what happens, fans will be the biggest losers.

I feel like my indifference had something to do with the lockout ending. You’re welcome.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Wow I kinda like it.  19 games vs the Central every year get tedious for me.  I know teams need to beat their own division but I'm all for seeing different teams more often.

As a transplant in Atlanta now....i LOVE this. Can see sox down the street from me every other year every year now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flavum said:

They’ll tinker with the existing. More than likely, the Sox will end the season in KC 10/3-10/5 and they’ll mix in 3 makeup games with the Twins to make up the opening series.

Dan Hayes (yes, him) is reporting the Twins series will be in Chicago 10/3-5, tentatively.

So the at Royals games will have to be made up during the season.