Sign in to follow this  
ron883

White Sox Sour Candy

46 minutes ago, Quin said:

Unfortunately, the pharmacy closest to me is a CVS (5 minute walk vs. 20 for Walgreens).

The CVS is a fucking hellscape. The self checkout doesn't work - they drive customers to it, but staff are just standing by it fixing it for everyone after each item, which the machine loudly bellows to the store upon scan: "ARIZONA ICED TEA", "OLD SPICE DEODORANT," "OREOS," "MACHINE NOT WORKING - PLEASE PAY WITH CARD ONLY." I've seen people get in fights there. Pharmacy lines winding around aisles are routine because of misplaced prescriptions. The ice cream freezer is locked and you'll be damned if you want Ben & Jerry's, because no one will answer if you hit the "call a staff member" button  instead you've just subjected the store to "help requested in the freezer section" for eternity. Shelves are routinely half stocked. One section is semi-blocked off by a permanently erected privacy curtain (for, I assume, vaccinations), but it's not really private since you can walk around it to get to baby wipes.

I still get prescriptions at Walgreens, cause I'm convinced I'll be given the wrong medication at the CVS.

Is this what I have to look forward to when I get older? Complaining about the layout of drug stores.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Sour Sox… marketing fail.

rate.png

16 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Is this what I have to look forward to when I get older? Complaining about the layout of drug stores.

I just want some fucking Ben & Jerry's and to be able to buy groceries without a register yelling out my purchases.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

I just want some fucking Ben & Jerry's and to be able to buy groceries without a register yelling out my purchases.

So there’s pretty much no way for teenagers to buy condoms without being further embarrassed to death?

Heaven forbid, for Gen X it was scandalous buying a Playboy Magazine with the black wrapping paper to keep anyone from opening it.

43 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sour candy?  That’s dumpster diving. Padres would have fancy chocolates 

Of course it would melt down upon arrival...

33 minutes ago, Quin said:

Pro tip: there’s a mute option that n the volume control. Life changing.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

trying to figure out if there is an angle south side hit men can tie in to rant about TLR and gummy's and then post a youtube video of bow wow wow's I want candy

@South Side Woke Man now's your chance!

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, ron883 said:

Got these at Marshalls today. As a sour candy fan, they're pretty fire! I recommend for those who enjoy sour candy. 

n0Lkg2j_d.webp 

Better than sour grapes  ;)

5 hours ago, bmags said:

trying to figure out if there is an angle south side hit men can tie in to rant about TLR and gummy's and then post a youtube video of bow wow wow's I want candy

The Candy Man- Sammy Davis, Jr. or Candy- duet with Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson of the B-52's.

22 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Best thread of the offseason.

I was thinking the same reading through this thread lol

I’m gonna be honest: When I go into a chain pharmacy, I don’t think I even consciously register whether it’s a CVS, Walgreens, Duane Reade, etc.

6 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I’m gonna be honest: When I go into a chain pharmacy, I don’t think I even consciously register whether it’s a CVS, Walgreens, Duane Reade, etc.

The hell is a Duane reade

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

The hell is a Duane reade

Same thing as CVS or Walgreens. Maybe only in nyc?

11 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Same thing as CVS or Walgreens. Maybe only in nyc?

Pharmacy chain local to NYC, bought out by Walgreens. Now all of the Duane Reade locations are "Duane Reade by Walgreens" and are exactly the same as Walgreens inside, just a different sign out front.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Pharmacy chain local to NYC, bought out by Walgreens. Now all of the Duane Reade locations are "Duane Reade by Walgreens" and are exactly the same as Walgreens inside, just a different sign out front.

Might be part of the reason I can’t tell the difference lol