HOME OPENER GAMETHREAD 4/12/22: Sox vs Mariners (Velasquez vs Brash) 3:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

The Sox are really going to need another quality starter if they expect to make a serious run this year. How they go about doing that is up for debate but the fact they need to do it shouldn't be at all. 

Yep, just look at the pitching matchups this series. It’s going to get ugly this month.

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Rewatching Brash's breaking pitch it has one of the latest and hardest breaks I've seen in a while. 

but you see the answer is too simple not swing at it, and attack fastballs

1 minute ago, fathom said:

VV has bad command of his fastball.  He’s either missing with it or putting it in a position to get crushed.  Mariners have had quite a few meatballs to hit so far.

Really really bad command. But I think that's just a career problem at this point. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

VV has bad command of his fastball.  He’s either missing with it or putting it in a position to get crushed.  Mariners have had quite a few meatballs to hit so far.

It would seem with VV giving up two walks and a homer in about three innings that he is on his usual path 

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I have to watch this game on the Mariners Root network as the are are blackout restrictions. I am already tired of their broadcasters

Same here. That's the third time I've heard 'Nationside is on your side' slipped into the stream.

• Like 1