Cease and Graveman to Restricted List; Crick Up

Heads22

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

They're not really a man short if you think about it. Cease wasn't going to pitch anyway. They'll have the same number of players available they normally have. You essentially never have more than 22 of your 26 man roster available for any given game with 4 starting pitchers not available for that game. So they'll still have 22 guys available even though the roster has 25 names instead of 26.

I understand they’re not technically playing a man short. They would still be dumb to not use the rules to their advantage and get an extra body up. Perfect excuse to see Yolbert for a series without even having to add him to 40 man. I would be astonished if they didn’t use the extra spot; would make no sense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I understand they’re not technically playing a man short. They would still be dumb to not use the rules to their advantage and get an extra body up. Perfect excuse to see Yolbert for a series without even having to add him to 40 man. I would be astonished if they didn’t use the extra spot; would make no sense. 

Bringing up a RH hitting middle infielder makes no sense with Mendick, Harrison and Leury all there, and Burger maybe even an option at 2B. The one guy that makes sense is Burr but maybe he's not vaxxed either.

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Bringing up a RH hitting middle infielder makes no sense with Mendick, Harrison and Leury all there, and Burger maybe even an option at 2B. The one guy that makes sense is Burr but maybe he's not vaxxed either.

The point would be to give the kid a look.  The rest of the detritus on the roster should have no bearing.  

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

The point would be to give the kid a look.  The rest of the detritus on the roster should have no bearing.  

"Give a kid a look" isn't something you do if you think you're in contention for the playoffs. Yes, I know this team has already done plenty of other things that you don't do if you think you're in contention for the playoffs, but still this sends a message that the season is over without TA.

8 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Burr is hurt. And I’d much rather see Yolbert than any of those three. 

"Give a kid a look" isn't something you do if you think you're in contention for the playoffs. Yes, I know this team has already done plenty of other things that you don't do if you think you're in contention for the playoffs, but still this sends a message that the season is over without TA.

We already know Leury, Harrison, Mendick, and Burger aren’t long term answers at 2B.  Giving the kid a look should absolutely be under consideration when it doesn’t cost a 40 man spot and this team desperately needs an answer at 2B.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I don’t see why not. The roster has been talked about as possibly disengaged, from Kuechel, to Ricky, to Stoney (Moncada), to Ozzie. It certainly can’t break what’s already broken, and you cross bridges when you come to them. 

lol no it doesn’t. In fact it says quite the opposite. We know Mendick and Harrison suck and Leury is best used a utility man that doesn’t play everyday. Yolbert may not be an improvement on the options already on the roster, but it certainly wouldn’t take much for him to be. Harrison and Leury have been awful. 

in any event, there is no good reason to not bring 26 guys to Toronto. Even just a mop up man to save the bullpen in a blowout if need be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

We already know Leury, Harrison, Mendick, and Burger aren’t long term answers at 2B.  Giving the kid a look should absolutely be under consideration when it doesn’t cost a 40 man spot and this team desperately needs an answer at 2B.  

Aside from Burger, the other guys are only supporting actors. But you need a production first. Harrison and Mendick can go find other things to do while this team retools.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

And I’ve now lost all respect for Cease.  Come at me, I don’t give a fuck. 

Some peeps with four vaccinations have gotten covid. I still respect Cease as much as I did before. And I'm three times vaxxed not looking forward to any monkeyvaxx or further covid vax.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Aside from Burger, the other guys are only supporting actors. But you need a production first. Harrison and Mendick can go find other things to do while this team retools.

I really like Burger. As a loudmouth fan I was vocally against drafting him. I like his hitting style. Not the greatest third baseman at all defensively but I would think he could improve. My apologies to King Burger. He's hitterish and I like the way he looks on closeups on TV, like a real ballplayer.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Lol have you seen how bad the guys in front of him are?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Um these Sox players need to be sent a message and the message is when you suck you can be fucked with by management even though we suck too and won't dare upset the apple cart because oh no we might get worse than sucking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Why can you call up a guy not on the forty man?  Something specific to the restricted list?  I love to learn. Educate me 

Guys that have to go on restricted list because they cannot get into Canada can be (but don’t have to be) replaced by guys not on 40 man just for that series. Options also do not count. Just provides teams a little more flexibility for roster moves that each of them need to make to field a full team in Canada. 

7 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Peeping Cease's instagram now, he seems to be into some bizarre new age shit.  He's apparently really into yoga and I have a feeling that he's seeking advice from ill informed circles.  I was pretty surprised though.  

Can you expand on this? Not sure what him really liking yoga had to do with him being into quack science. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Peeping Cease's instagram now, he seems to be into some bizarre new age shit.  He's apparently really into yoga and I have a feeling that he's seeking advice from ill informed circles.  I was pretty surprised though.  

Maybe the yoga is keeping him healthy. Maybe some of the Sox with hammy problems should take up yoga. Seriously. Sox players need hammy help.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

Personally I hope Canada continues to protect it’s citizens by keeping anti vaxxers out. 

Canada is also passing a new law “freezing” weapons ( no new weapons will be sold), and they also have an assault weapons ban for civilians.in place.  A safer place than the USA in this respect as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1