Rumor: Sox Pursuing Mychal Givens

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I mean … yes this is probably how it goes but not sure it goes much different anyway. Cease / Rodon is a real 1-2 punch though. 

Rodon makes all the sense in the world, which of course why it’s so frustrating how this offseason went down. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Wonder what a package of Rodon and Joctober would look like?

Honestly have no idea, but you have to think fairly costly if Rodon is truly on the block

I also wonder how Rodon would feel about coming back. There was talk while he was here about a lack of motivation, being out of shape, etc. Obviously things have changed and he’s still in line for one more big contract, but clearly there is a layer of personal feelings that come into play…I’m curious if he would want to come back? Would you be getting an upset Rodon? I have no idea, but something to wonder 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Ramos Sosa Shilling Martin Burke

(just wanted to give you the caulfield experience)

Let's see the price for Montas first.

Castillo is already off the table.

Syndergaard isn't throwing much harder than Giolito last season.

And Colson Montgomery is not a Top 50 guy yet, he's still in that 85-100 range.  Colas isn't there yet, either.

(Or well behind Avi Garcia's positioning in that Tigers' trade to the Sox, and lacking big league success as well.  Then again, he didn't sleep with anyone's wife and basically force a trade to maintain clubhouse peace.)

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

And Colson Montgomery is not a Top 50 guy yet, he's still in that 85-100 range.  Colas isn't there yet, either.

(Or well behind Avi Garcia's positioning in that Tigers' trade to the Sox, and lacking big league success as well.  Then again, he didn't sleep with anyone's wife and basically force a trade to maintain clubhouse peace.)

Colson is ranked #52 by Baseball America.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Colson is ranked #52 by Baseball America.

Nobody cares about their rankings as much as they did 10-20 years ago.

But fine, they won't trade a first rounder to replace another first rounder by the same team.

Bringing Gio Gonzalez back five years too late after trading him twice was bad enough.

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nobody cares about their rankings as much as they did 10-20 years ago.

But fine, they won't trade a first rounder to replace another first rounder by the same team.

Bringing Gio Gonzalez back five years too late after trading him twice was bad enough.

Removed @Chicago White SoxS reply because when placed next to each other you can see how caulfield is arguing against himself.

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, bmags said:

Removed @Chicago White SoxS reply because when placed next to each other you can see how caulfield is arguing against himself.

That gives just them an easy excuse not to extend Tim Anderson, anyway.  Montgomery’s on the way soon.  Colas is on the way, etc.

Want to make a prediction that TLR sends him off to greener pastures like Mark Buehrle in 2011 so he can get “market rate” value to play for a supposed contender in 2025…?

Does anyone actually believe JR will sign off on $200-225 million for Anderson at age 32/33?

You can make all the laugh emojis you want…nothing can be more laugh worthy than the Sox organization and ownership group itself.

They’re losing hundreds of thousands of dollars on lost ticket sales because they are too stubborn to hire someone as manager in marked mental decline…yet there’s almost no sympathy for TLR because he has even less humility than any occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania throughout history with one notable exception.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

That gives just them an easy excuse not to extend Tim Anderson, anyway.  Montgomery’s on the way soon.  Colas is on the way, etc.

Want to make a prediction that TLR sends him off to greener pastures like Mark Buehrle in 2011 so he can get “market rate” value to play for a supposed contender in 2025…?

Does anyone actually believe JR will sign off on $200-225 million for Anderson at age 32/33?

You can make all the laugh emojis you want…nothing can be more laugh worthy than the Sox organization and ownership group itself.

They’re losing hundreds of thousands of dollars on lost ticket sales because they are too stubborn to hire someone as manager in marked mental decline…yet there’s almost no sympathy for TLR because he has even less humility than any occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania throughout history with one notable exception.

I think the ideal scenario for me would be Colson is promoted and takes over SS and you move Tim to man 2B. Maybe that finally solves the 2B problem. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

We laugh because all you do is argue against yourself and present fantasy scenarios, many times within a few posts of each other, then get mad and do your “OK FINE HOW ABOUT (insert scenario that is unanswerable) THEN WHAT OK”

that’s all. Nothing more than that.  Laugh emojis are optional 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

We laugh because all you do is argue against yourself and present fantasy scenarios, many times within a few posts of each other, then get mad and do your “OK FINE HOW ABOUT (insert scenario that is unanswerable) THEN WHAT OK”

that’s all. Nothing more than that.  Laugh emojis are optional 

Snark.  I don’t expect anything more…and every baseball message board is filled with fantasy scenarios anyway.

Wow, I didn’t know that Colson Montgomery was ranked 52nd by ONE rating organization.

Shoot me.  I’m sorry for not following the minor leagues when it won’t matter since this team will take another 4-5 years after the rebuild bottoms out to get into contention.

The only difference is that it will be 2014-2016 all over again, but minus Abreu’s star turn.

In all likelihood, the majority of moderators won’t be around after another decade of futility…except to discuss the Bulls and Bears.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I think the ideal scenario for me would be Colson is promoted and takes over SS and you move Tim to man 2B. Maybe that finally solves the 2B problem. 

Tim moving to 2nd would be great for both the team and hisself but I think his ego is too big to do that personally 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Snark.  I don’t expect anything more…and every baseball message board is filled with fantasy scenarios anyway.

Wow, I didn’t know that Colson Montgomery was ranked 52nd by ONE rating organization.

Shoot me.  I’m sorry for not following the minor leagues when it won’t matter since this team will take another 4-5 years after the rebuild bottoms out to get into contention.

The only difference is that it will be 2014-2016 all over again, but minus Abreu’s star turn.

In all likelihood, the majority of moderators won’t be around after another decade of futility…except to discuss the Bulls and Bears.

Snark me no way 

I’m here for the long haul buddy.  Me and you til the end

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Law has Montgomery as a top 50 prospect FWIW

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

In this scenario, who do you move to the bullpen? Do they make Lance Lynn the most expensive reliever in MLB?

I think Kopech goes to the bullpen for a month or so to limit his innings, but then you want him built back up for the playoffs so at some point, the worse-performing of Lynn or Giolito goes to the pen.

I hate the idea of giving up something of value for someone who's going to be a FA at the end of the season, but on the other hand a playoff rotation of Cease-Rodon-Kopech-Cueto sounds really, really nice.