Smoking brisket and baseballs - Kopech v. the ghost of Adam Eaton and Lance Lynn (Dane Dunning) 6:05pm

he gone.

Just now, fathom said:

I see no adjustments being made to try and get the ball in the air.  It’s ridiculous 

I haven’t watched as much lately, but it certainly seems like they have been told to take a specific approach at the plate. I just don’t understand how anyone in the organization can think this “plan” is working. 

Just now, fathom said:

Vaughn takes two sinkers right down the plate and then chases a horrible pitch.  Just what the fuck are these guys doing 

Its got to be zone hitting or something because there have been a number of balls that have ended up middle middle and no one is taking a pass at them. Its like they are expecting him to be wild and then when he isnt they quickly end up down 0-2 and then just chase everything. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tony said:

I haven’t watched as much lately, but it certainly seems like they have been told to take a specific approach at the plate. I just don’t understand how anyone in the organization can think this “plan” is working. 

You’re lucky to not watch much as the at bats have never been worse.  Anderson, Grandal and Moncada especially look like the worst hitters in the world. It seems like just a matter of time before the pitching regresses, as they offense looks as dead as it has all season.  Sadly, they miss Burger’s ability to hit the ball out of the park.

Just now, CBJ03 said:

Its got to be zone hitting or something because there have been a number of balls that have ended up middle middle and no one is taking a pass at them. Its like they are expecting him to be wild and then when he isnt they quickly end up down 0-2 and then just chase everything. 

But picking zones that lead to lowest slugging percentage?

Looks like the Twins are going to be tough tonight...playing with confidence again.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You’re lucky to not watch much as the at bats have never been worse.  Anderson, Grandal and Moncada especially look like the worst hitters in the world. It seems like just a matter of time before the pitching regresses, as they offense looks as dead as it has all season.  Sadly, they miss Burger’s ability to hit the ball out of the park.

They  miss everyone's ability to hit it out of the park. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

But picking zones that lead to lowest slugging percentage?

Looks like the Twins are going to be tough tonight...playing with confidence again.

I never said the approach made sense. No one here can figure out what it is.