Vent Thread

Milkman delivers

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 03:31 AM)
You have to lay all of this at Kenny's feet...We needed releif pitching help at the trade deadline and he picks up yet another has-been player Ken Griffey, along with an awful relief pitcher.

Kenny's knack for collecting relics is getting very old.

You don't think the Sox will be stupid enough to pick up his option, do you?

No way will they pick up his option. Griffey really needs to retire.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Javy was Javy tonight unfortunately. Just tossing pitches up there without any real purpose behind them. Javy will likely be back next year, but at this point in his career he needs to be a 4th or 5th starter. Let him eat innings and his up and down BS will fit better at the back end of a rotation.

What drove me more insane than Javy's pitching was the offense. With the stuff Baker had tonight it was a complete joke that he went 7 giving up 1R on 5 hits.

Hopefully AJ and Dye are moved out of the 2 and 3 slot. You can't put all the blame on them, but they need to move from those spots ASAP.

Well 2 more games in this series, hopefully MB shows up tomorrow. At least his pickoff move should help neutralize some of this crap.

This team has not been able to put together a good amount of win's together. Chances of putting something together these last six games are very slim. Perhaps the biggest win streak was seven, but ever since it has been more like win one lose two and so on.

If this team makes it to the playoffs I don't expect them to survive for long. It's not surprising to me that the current game has turned out the way it has. The Twins are dominant when they are in the dome! While you can watch them do just about everything fundametally correct we can sit back and wait for the three-run shot to show up (not happening against good pitching).

I hate the Twins fans, what a bunch of jerks. Griffey hits a homer and they boo him coming around. It's a 9-3 game with 1 out to go and you boo a guy who just hit his 610th career homer. These are probably the same jackasses who were fair weather bandwagon jumpers when Griffey was the greatest thing on Earth 10 years ago.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:52 AM)
I hate the Twins fans, what a bunch of jerks. Griffey hits a homer and they boo him coming around. It's a 9-3 game with 1 out to go and you boo a guy who just hit his 610th career homer. These are probably the same jackasses who were fair weather bandwagon jumpers when Griffey was the greatest thing on Earth 10 years ago.

Wouldn't you be mad at someone for robbing a homer to prevent your team from making the playoffs?

I am actually quietly confident right now. I think they will pull one of these next two games out of their posteriors and that will be enough to break the Twins' backs. However, even if they are swept, I think they back into the playoffs albeit with their tails somewhat between their legs. In any case, if I were wrong and they were to get swept and miss the playoffs...then they didn't deserve to be there in the first place. I would actually feel justice was served.

SFF

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
congrats to Javy Vazquez for getting his 15th loss of the season. That's his career high and 3rd time he's done it.

If the Sox manage to wriggle into the playoffs Javy better sniff nothing more than back end BP duty. I have more faith in Richard off his 1 start in Yankee Stadium.

tommorow is now a must win. if we lose again tommorow we will be swept. thanks javy, already preparing for time with the wife in puerto rico eh? pathetic. we all called you out, you failed! No wonder why the Yankees and Diamondbacks quit on you. Yeah every 4 seasons he has a good year, but the rest of the time he's a sub .500 pitcher, thats a guy you cant count on.

Offense, thinks its cold again. Must be flashbacks to April and May. September numbers

OPS .706 good for 12th in the AL

Runs 79 good for 12th in the AL

BA .243 good for 13th in the AL

OBP .299 good for last in the AL, 29th in the majors

4th in homers, with 24.

Edited by southsideirish71

I was hopeful we'd wake up this time in Minnie, which seems like a dumb statement considering we have 86 wins and are 16 over .500. But same ol s***. We can't beat good teams on the road.

If we continue our trend, we might be able to win one here and that will keep us afloat. A sweep is likely, however, since we can't compete with Minnesota in Minnesota.

So disappointing. We got our asses kicked tonight and our only hope at winning a game is if Minnesota lets up at all and actually is overconfident since they routinely beat us like a drum.

Ramirez pitched a scoreless inning tonight so if it's a close game Wednesday we'll probably use him and he'll get lit up.

Fathom was right weeks ago in assuming these 3 games would be losses. We had to go in with a 4-5 game lead if we realistically hoped to win the division. Crazy thing is we could have and should have had that 4-5 game lead.

I still am 30 percent hopeful we can snake out one win in the three games, not because of our ability, but the fact the Twins are not a great team. We shall see.

Very disappointing tonight all the way around. Total joke of a performance. In fact, embarrassing. I'd have taken everybody's whipping boy Judy over Javy tonight on the mound.

Edited by greg775

Just got back from the game. My thoughts:

- This game was incredibly predictable. I literally predicted almost everything that happened in this game, including: Javy giving up the lead after we scored early, the back-to-back home runs off of Boone, Joe Mauer's single to lead off the 5th which was hit where OC should have been playing, Boone's implosion (duh)

- It still baffles me that Griffey is playing. He's worthless. As in, he has no redeeming qualities and shouldn't be on the major league roster of a team that's trying to make the playoffs. No excuses, and there are no excuses for Ozzie's continued use of him.

- I've always defended Ozzie, but it's starting to be really hard. I don't understand some of his decisions at all. They seem incredibly obvious and I'm pretty sure a 10 year old could make them, but for some reason he continues to go against all logic.

- We have the slowest CF & RF combination in the majors.

- Twins fans (and all fans in general) are idiots. A jackass ran onto the field during the 9th inning (8th?) and was applauded by the entire fan base. Disgusting.