April 7th Game Thread vs Cleveland

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
I'd have no issues moving Dank2, Hudson, Flowers, Viciedo, or any other prospects.

Floyd + Beckham is probably what it'll take, nobody wants any of those guys besides Hudson

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 03:46 AM)
when Putz, Thornton and hopefully Jenks are in we will be money, other then those guys, its gonna be shaky.

i can't stand how it takes jenks 2 guys to be on base to actually start pitching.

Its just one game. . Carmona pitched well. Peavy was okay. .a lot of badluck tonight. Pierre's baserunning was encouraging, Randy Williams looked pretty good as well. Jenks NEEDS to freaking look at the baserunners. . Choo stealing both bases was unacceptable. Lets get the series win tommorow!!

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
Floyd + Beckham is probably what it'll take, nobody wants any of those guys besides Hudson

I think a package of Hudson, Mitchell, Flowers and Retherford would get the job done. A potential leadoff hitter, a franchise catcher and a potential front end starter. . not to mention they are arguably our top 4 prospects.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
we just need a new DH and BAD! I think we can all see that Kotsay is not gonna work out and they even said that A. Jones will rarely DH.

I suddenly miss Big Jim....badly.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
I think a package of Hudson, Mitchell, Flowers and Retherford would get the job done. A potential leadoff hitter, a franchise catcher and a potential front end starter. . not to mention they are arguably our top 4 prospects.

Mitchell's trade value is about as high as mine right now. Ain't nobody even lookin' at him at the moment. Define "franchise" catcher? And I'm pretty sure the Padres don't think much of Retherford. Hudson would definitely be a legitimate part of any package.

QUOTE (CarlosMartinez @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
Why? He's 0-4 with 2 k's. Kotsay may not be the answer but neither is Jim f'ing Thome.

....................................................................................................

4 AB sample size FTW.

I went to the game tonight, and it seemed like everyone we have questions about coming into the season proved why tonight. Teahen's swing is all sorts of messed up, and his footwork at 3rd base sucks! The Indians were hitting bullets off of R. Williams, and Peavy had pretty mediocre stuff (for him) tonight. This offense is a disgrace right now, and we better hope Andruw has something in the tank. The 8-9-1 is pretty awful, especially with Alexei's early struggles. The good news is that Rios and Konerko are right on every pitch.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:56 AM)
What did Teahen do in the field that was so bad?

Just really slow feet. I thought he could have positioned himself better to get Choo out at 2nd on the force in the 7th, which could have saved a run. His reaction time on Peralta's line drive was awful, as if he lost the ball in the lights.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:56 PM)
What did Teahen do in the field that was so bad?

He almost air-mailed a routine throw to 1B. Other than that, he just doesn't look real comfortable over there. But it's only been a couple games. I'm much more concerned with the offense as of right now.

Blowing the 3-0 lead is annoying against a team like the Tribe at the Cell. I'm annoyed at some individual players but it's too early in the season to really rip anybody.

When we got off to the early 3-0 lead I was actually thinking, 'Another shutout is coming.' Not to be.

I think everybody is really hoping we win the series because going 1-2 versus the Tribe at home is just a pretty s***ty start to the Ozzieball season.

Two of three and we'll all be pretty happy I would think.

Ill start worrying when we actually get beat up bad.. tonight was a little mixture of things

Cleveland hit maybe 2 balls hard all night, everything else was crap that just weakly made its way to an open spot, they could have just as easily been shut out again tonight..

As far as the offense goes, we at least hit some balls hard namely Beckham, Rios, and Paulie and we also had 7 walks as well..

Either way, its not like Cleveland pounded us and we couldn't find a way to get on base.. We had 13 guys reach base I believe in the first game as opposed to the 9 who reached base tonight which isn't that much of a difference..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
He almost air-mailed a routine throw to 1B. Other than that, he just doesn't look real comfortable over there. But it's only been a couple games. I'm much more concerned with the offense as of right now.

Yeah, he looks like he is playing 3rd for the first time. Had a couple off-target throws on routine plays, and just looked really stiff and awkward.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
As far as the offense goes, we at least hit some balls hard namely Beckham, Rios, and Paulie and we also had 7 walks as well..

Ya I was shocked of the discipline the sox showed tonight, though at times, Carmona was 3-0 or 3-1 anyways so they could afford to be patient. The average fan of course would say "man we suck we only got 2 hits" but the seven walks more or less impressed me. At this rate, Teahen might go back to his moneyball ways of discipline and Rios is walking a bit more at a higher clip, but of course it is still early. :D

Peavy had nothing tonight, and still only gave up 3 runs. Makes me feel good to know when he's on.. he'll be untouchable. The only guys that will kill me will be Kotsay, R. Williams (though he's growning on me, and IF he's used properly i.e. same with Kotsay. Pena inherited his run tonight) and Pierre (besides the SB) and I don't think that will change even with 2 games. I'll save Linebrink till after the all star game.

I'll say this though, with all the talk Ozzie was saying about stealing more bases, only Pierre has been doing it. I hope he doesn't get scared off with Teahen from his CS and remembers guys like Beckham, Quentin, etc.. can steal bases.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
I blame Southsider2k5. Warrior started opening day, and we won.

Capn should take the heat.. If he was around to start this thread (I.E. like 2005) we win this game. :D

QUOTE (mreye @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
When does the Greg Walker talk start?

I'll think I'll go on hiatus to avoid it.

And I've long said he doesn't deserve any amount of hate this season. Look at what he has to work with and already Rios is looking much better at the plate. I think Teahen will be solid too. (or at least I'm hoping)

Edited by SoxAce