Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
I am so miserably sick that I would welcome death as an old friend right now.

But then you would get no more cocktails.

My fraternity brothers always said that drinking whiskey helps cure you. And they'd always end up sicker and worse off. I would not want them taking care of me when I was sick.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
I am so miserably sick that I would welcome death as an old friend right now.

Isn't it amazing how you forget what it's like to feel healthy?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)

My fraternity brothers always said that drinking whiskey helps cure you. And they'd always end up sicker and worse off. I would not want them taking care of me when I was sick.

Exactly. The alcohol kills bacteria... I thought that was common knowledge.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)

I was sick about 2 weeks ago for a couple days. Drank half a bottle of Makers Mark on Friday night and woke up Saturday feeling great!

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
I got 2 red-light tickets in the mail for turning right on a red light even though there are no signs saying I can't turn. How much of a pain in the ass are these things to fight?

I just got one in the mail for the exact same thing. I'm leaning towards just paying it (its $50 here in Knoxville).

In my case I think it's a case of not coming to a complete stop before turning right, which is against TN law, so I'm definitely in the wrong legally. Of course, there was a green right turn arrow that I apparently just missed, but I doubt I can win that argument.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
I just got one in the mail for the exact same thing. I'm leaning towards just paying it (its $50 here in Knoxville).

In my case I think it's a case of not coming to a complete stop before turning right, which is against TN law, so I'm definitely in the wrong legally. Of course, there was a green right turn arrow that I apparently just missed, but I doubt I can win that argument.

How can a camera tell that though?

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
They actually send you three photos, each one is one second apart. Also, you can go online and watch the video of the event.

This. I got a ticket for turning right on a red and not coming to a complete stop. I watched the video of it online, I was about a split second away from reaching a complete stop, but I was definitely moving the whole time. There went $100 to the citizens of Franklin Park from LittleHurt05.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
This. I got a ticket for turning right on a red and not coming to a complete stop. I watched the video of it online, I was about a split second away from reaching a complete stop, but I was definitely moving the whole time. There went $100 to the citizens of Franklin Park from LittleHurt05.

The website says something about not using the video in court. That's interesting.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
I got 2 red-light tickets in the mail for turning right on a red light even though there are no signs saying I can't turn. How much of a pain in the ass are these things to fight?

Yeah, to confirm what other's have stated, you didn't come to a complete stop. There's no way you'll win either of these.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
It's an easy, indisputable revenue stream that doesn't require raising taxes. You can't beat it.

That's really all it is. I hate the fact that they insist it's for "safety".

I've seen a number of people slam on their brakes the second the light turns yellow so they don't get caught by the cameras.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Gonna brag here for a second: Got me 5th and 6th graders to a 4 and 0 record after a blow out win today. Much more fun than I ever thought I'd have coaching, real solid experience so far!

Wait til the parents start getting on your ass.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
Wait til the parents start getting on your ass.

Already happened after our first game. I accidentally forgot to play a kid in the 4th quarter and his dad let me know about it. I'm pretty good at splitting up playing time though, everyone gets pretty equal PT until the last 5 or so minutes of the game when the best kids play.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
Already happened after our first game. I accidentally forgot to play a kid in the 4th quarter and his dad let me know about it. I'm pretty good at splitting up playing time though, everyone gets pretty equal PT until the last 5 or so minutes of the game when the best kids play.

It'll get worse. Trust me.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
That's really all it is. I hate the fact that they insist it's for "safety".

I've seen a number of people slam on their brakes the second the light turns yellow so they don't get caught by the cameras.

Just a counter point, the lights in my old town that put in cameras saw a drastic decrease in accidents.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Gonna brag here for a second: Got me 5th and 6th graders to a 4 and 0 record after a blow out win today. Much more fun than I ever thought I'd have coaching, real solid experience so far!

Did you eat lucky charms after the game, coach leprechaun?