Sox Sign Lastings Milledge to MLC

soxfan420

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
LOL Juan Pierre himself says he's a black man from the south with a hispanic first name and a french last name.

Also, we should ban the mentioning of Oney. I wish he'd just go away.

And Juan Pierre has an awesome middle name: D'Vaughn. Juan D'Vaughn Pierre, now that is a freaking cool name.

Also, Juan Pierre and Jake Peavy are both from Mobile, Alabama. ...my great grandmother's also from Mobile as well, so I was always a fan of Pierre and Peavy because they're from the same city my grandma was from. :)

Also... as for the Lastings Milledge minor league signing... I'm a big fan of it. He has so much potential.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Wow, I knew he came up early but I forgot he's only 25. This could be a great signing. Also, when it was previously mentioned on this board, I didn't think a $500k mL deal was a possibility. At that price, how could you say no??

I brought it up earlier but I'll be damned if I can find it without search.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Little late to the party. But this is probably my second favorite move of the off-season. Now this is what you call high-risk/high-reward. Not the Phillip Humber's of the world.

I'd personally go with low-risk/high-reward.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
And Juan Pierre has an awesome middle name: D'Vaughn. Juan D'Vaughn Pierre, now that is a freaking cool name.

Also, Juan Pierre and Jake Peavy are both from Mobile, Alabama. ...my great grandmother's also from Mobile as well, so I was always a fan of Pierre and Peavy because they're from the same city my grandma was from. :)

Also... as for the Lastings Milledge minor league signing... I'm a big fan of it. He has so much potential.

The home of Hank Aaron too! Mobile's a sh**hole by the way. "Baldwin County white trash" is the punch line to many jokes.

Edited by JPN366

We are gathering some of the greatest names minor league baseball has ever known.

First Dallas McPherson, now Lastings Milledge, whos next? Ben Grieve?!

In all seriousness tho, I love both of these moves. Both add depth at positions needed and may just need a change of scenery to spark their once promising careers. Well done KW.

:gosoxretro:

This signing is also making me happier to have Teahen (strangely enough). If Milledge were to make the team and play moderately well in a back-up role, we would have two guys on the bench that can back up LF and RF (one being able to play CF if needed). One of these guys can hit lefties pretty well with a decent amount of power and the other can do the same against righties. Teahen can also play some IF (not too well, obviously) in case Vizquel is being used elsewhere.

I am extremely happy with this offseason. The only true missing piece is a starter to hold Peavy's spot until he returns.

QUOTE (DGSOXFan14 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
We are gathering some of the greatest names minor league baseball has ever known.

First Dallas McPherson, now Lastings Milledge, whos next? Ben Grieve?!

In all seriousness tho, I love both of these moves. Both add depth at positions needed and may just need a change of scenery to spark their once promising careers. Well done KW.

:gosoxretro:

I'm hoping for Quentin McCracken, Coco Crisp, and then top it all off with Junior Spivey.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Little late to the party. But this is probably my second favorite move of the off-season. Now this is what you call high-risk/high-reward. Not the Phillip Humber's of the world.

"this is probably my second favorite move of the off-season"

really? behind Konerko... and Dunn... and Alexei... and Danks... and Ohman... and Quentin... and AJ?

put me on record as saying I believe Milledge will make the Major League roster, I'm just not sure if it'll happen in time for Opening Day. I believe he could have something to prove (other than being an a$$hat) and do well in the White Sox organization. if not, cya!