2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, reading this really infuriated me.

Meanwhile, the importance of Tuesday's loss and Wednesday's game wasn't overlooked by Jake Peavy, who admitted he fatigued sooner than he expected and gave up 10 hits in six innings.
Sooner than expected? Why he fatigued at the exact moment that everyone who has watched a White Sox game in the last month expected. Except for Ozzie Guillen.

Not saying I am upset at the notion that De Aza is gonna get most of the PT in CF for a while... but why did this team wait so long to make a change? I mean seriously, I don't know if he would have done s***, but couldn't we have made this change like almost 2 months ago?

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
Not saying I am upset at the notion that De Aza is gonna get most of the PT in CF for a while... but why did this team wait so long to make a change? I mean seriously, I don't know if he would have done s***, but couldn't we have made this change like almost 2 months ago?

Maybe because baseball is a long season and many players are more streaky than consistent. None of it would matter if they didn't dig such a big hole in the beginning of the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
By the way, reading this really infuriated me.

Sooner than expected? Why he fatigued at the exact moment that everyone who has watched a White Sox game in the last month expected. Except for Ozzie Guillen.

The reality is you don't build his arm by yanking him at 75 pitches. It needs to be conditioned like any other muscle group.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:02 AM)
The reality is you don't build his arm by yanking him at 75 pitches. It needs to be conditioned like any other muscle group.

Thing is, it seems his injury has prevented him from being able to stretch out for longer than 75 pitches. This is something the doctor warned the Sox about heading into the year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)

If he's breaking down at 75 right now, then push him until he gets in trouble. The moment to pull him was just too damn obvious. If he gets to 75 these 2 starts then hopefully the next week he can push to 80, then 85, etc.

If you don't care about winning then sure, throw him 100 a game now, but it's time to clear house because we've thrown in the towel and are playin for next season rather than to win.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
If he's breaking down at 75 right now, then push him until he gets in trouble. The moment to pull him was just too damn obvious. If he gets to 75 these 2 starts then hopefully the next week he can push to 80, then 85, etc.

If you don't care about winning then sure, throw him 100 a game now, but it's time to clear house because we've thrown in the towel and are playin for next season rather than to win.

They don't make the playoffs if Jake is not developing back towards 100+ pitches.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
They don't make the playoffs if Jake is not developing back towards 100+ pitches.

I agree, but they're also not making the playoffs if they continue to leave Jake in too long when it's clear he can't pitch effectively past the 5th. They lost in large part because of it last night, and every game is very important in such a tight race.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

For anyone that watched The Franchise tonight, seemed like Sabean might have been referring to Quentin saying they were interested in him a few weeks ago but KW said they wanted to see how this week went. Not that it's a surprise...just something cool to see on tv.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)

They can make it without him. They don't make it if the offense continues to suck

Yeah, interesting to see if the Phillies/Braves and some of the other rumored Quentin destinations turn out now with Beltran off the market.

If Upton's legitimately dangling out there, I would think opposing GM's have a helluva decision because there's so many variables with both Quentin and Upton.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)
We have like 27 good relievers now, we can afford to pull Jake after 5 for 2 months.

Yeah, with a 7 man bullpen, I can totally live with 2 starters who only give you 80-ish pitches. Especially with Sale suddenly destroying teams for 3 innings every time out. Stretch them out if you can, but stop losing games because of it. We'd be what, a game out of 1st place if Ozzie had pulled Humber and Peavy at the right time every game since the AS break.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)

It all hinges on Peavy? C'mon this team has never depended on him......can't.

Edited by since56

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
It all hinges on Peavy? C'mon this team has never depended on him......can't.

Right now, Jake Peavy is an average 5th starter with a high contract. The team can still make it to the playoffs if he's nothing but a 5 inning guy.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
They can make it without him. They don't make it if the offense continues to suck

I get the feeling that Humber is going downhill right before our eyes. I don't know if it is IP catching up with him, or if it is a regression to where he realistically should be, but I am not counting on him for too much down the stretch.