Sox (2-0) at Cleveland (0-2) 4/3 @ 12:05 CSN

Texsox

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
Why are we bringing in our worst reliever in a one run game?

Sale pitched twice already and we need the L/R match-up at cost no matter hoiw s***ty the left handed thrower is.

Where are Santos and Crain......hanarahn and Marson...you gotta be f***ing kidding me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
I wouldn't want to be the team offering John Danks 7/$120.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I don't think there's anything stupid about it at all

I don't think it's that ridiculous either, but if you really think about it, unless you lock up an ace in his first arb year, you're going to have to pay him that much money, and a player would be stupid to take anything less. It is the economics of baseball today. If you have an ace on your team, you either have to pay up in both dollars and years or he's gone. I think that for most pitchers the 3 year rule is a sound practice, but the economics of baseball state that you have to give at least 6/100 to a 27-28 year old ace a year away from FA or on the open market. It is what it is. Balta, if Danks takes that next step he's going to get that type of contract. If Danks takes that next step this year, I'd like to see him do it until the ASB next year and if he keeps it up, then talk extension. What do you think would be a reasonable contract to offer Danks if he indeed pitches like an ace for the next two years?

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
I don't think it's that ridiculous either, but if you really think about it, unless you lock up an ace in his first arb year, you're going to have to pay him that much money, and a player would be stupid to take anything less. It is the economics of baseball today. If you have an ace on your team, you either have to pay up in both dollars and years or he's gone. I think that for most pitchers the 3 year rule is a sound practice, but the economics of baseball state that you have to give at least 6/100 to a 27-28 year old ace a year away from FA or on the open market. It is what it is. Balta, if Danks takes that next step he's going to get that type of contract. If Danks takes that next step this year, I'd like to see him do it until the ASB next year and if he keeps it up, then talk extension. What do you think would be a reasonable contract to offer Danks if he indeed pitches like an ace for the next two years?

7/$120.

And I wouldn't want to be the team paying it.