6/17 GT SOX @ D'Backs - 8:40pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
Sigh. only if every1 were a glimpse of their former selves. Imagine if we had Rios putting up Matt Kemp-like #s, every1 would be rolling on the ground. What would have been.

Didn't Rios have a couple decent seasons, then finally got paid and has been s*** since?

Rios is vastly overrated.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
Sigh. only if every1 were a glimpse of their former selves. Imagine if we had Rios putting up Matt Kemp-like #s, every1 would be rolling on the ground. What would have been.

If Rios was putting up Matt Kemp-like #s, he would be greatly outperforming his best season and would be a legitimate MVP contender.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
Didn't Rios have a couple decent seasons, then finally got paid and has been s*** since?

He was ok in 2005 (his 1st full season), very good in 2006, great in 2007, even greater in 2008, horrible in 2009, very good in 2010, and horrible so far in 2011.

So he was a very good player until 2009, and is basically unpredictable ever since. He actually signed his new contract before the 2008 season, his career best season where he put up a 5.6 WAR, and was worth about $25M.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)

I believe Rios signed the contract extension in 08'. He has displayed the 5-tool ability in a few seasons but this season has just been terrifying for him and for us fans.

These are his numbers after he signed his contract

2008: 15 Hr, 79 RBI, 91 Runs, .291 Avg, 32 SB

2009: 17 Hr, 71 RBI, 63 Runs, .247 Avg, 24 SB

2010: 21 Hr, 88 RBI, 89 Runs, .284 Avg, 34 SB

Certainly he put up some impressive numbers aside from the 2009 which wasn't even that bad compared to how bad he has done so far.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
If Rios was putting up Matt Kemp-like #s, he would be greatly outperforming his best season and would be a legitimate MVP contender.

Ya him and Kemp are similar type of players, 20 Hr, 80 ish RBIs, 30 SB, .290 Avg.

Kemp has taken it to the next level this season, which I was hoping to see in Rios coming over to Chicago, batting in the Cell with decent lineup protection. But hey I also thought Dunn would hit 50 Hrs coming to the Cell. Boy was I greatly disappointed.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
I wouldn't be opposed. The board should be shut down. We need a time out until we learn to be more positive. :lolhitting

I love this place and wish it never changes.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
I believe Rios signed the contract extension in 08'. He has displayed the 5-tool ability in a few seasons but this season has just been terrifying for him and for us fans.

These are his numbers after he signed his contract

2008: 15 Hr, 79 RBI, 91 Runs, .291 Avg, 32 SB

2009: 17 Hr, 71 RBI, 63 Runs, .247 Avg, 24 SB

2010: 21 Hr, 88 RBI, 89 Runs, .284 Avg, 34 SB

Certainly he put up some impressive numbers aside from the 2009 which wasn't even that bad compared to how bad he has done so far.

One problem is that Rios's SB %age fell off a cliff last year with the Sox. More CS's in 2010 than the previous 2 years combined.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Pierre -- LF

Ramirez -- SS

Quentin -- RF

Konerko -- 1B

Pierzynski -- C

Rios -- CF

Beckham -- 2B

Morel -- 3B

Jackson – RHP

Everybody other than Ramirez, Quentin, Konerko = black hole.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
If EJax gets shelled and Hudson throws a gem PHT should probably just be on a 1 day close down

I have a expectation of this scenario occuring. It's a feeling similar to pre-Minnesota games. And much like Minnesota games, even though I expect a loss it'll still irritate me when it happens.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
I have a expectation of this scenario occuring. It's a feeling similar to pre-Minnesota games. And much like Minnesota games, even though I expect a loss it'll still irritate me when it happens.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Same here, brother. I watched about 3 innings of the first Minn. game and then gave up to save myself the frustration which I knew was coming. The second game, I didn't even bother to watch at all, knowing fully well they would lose. Tonight even though I should know better, I'll tune in, hoping for the offense to show up (and the good Edwin). I'll be quick to turn it off if starts going bad. I just don't care to watch such sh*t anymore. I get too pi$$ed off.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
One problem is that Rios's SB %age fell off a cliff last year with the Sox. More CS's in 2010 than the previous 2 years combined.

Well there was an increased focus on base stealing when he arrived in Chicago.

“I told Rios, I said, ‘Get on base twice in the game and give me two stolen bases. We don’t need 40 home runs from you,’” - Ozzie, December of 2007

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
If EJax gets shelled and Hudson throws a gem PHT should probably just be on a 1 day close down

Now that Ozzie has thrown the same lineup out there again and we lose again I want it to stay open. It's very entertaining. Even I have been joining in . Ozzie is just so pigheaded it's nauseating.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
So, what kind of offense does Arizona have? Not that the Twins had any.

Upton, Montero, Young, and Drew are the guys that could kill us.

Oh, and of course the best defensive OF in baseball, and one of the best LF in baseball this year... my boy Gerardo Parra.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24