Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
You will hear alot more from guys now Guillen is gone alot of guys were tired of his act, but could not rock the boat with OG still here.

The players won't say anything. They're likely classy enough to keep their mouths shut. The sad thing is that, even when Ozzie decides to drag the team through the mud, the players will still keep their mouths shut under orders from the new management/front office.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:15 AM)
They just showed about 10 minutes of Konerko on Comcast. His basic manage was it was time for a change and that Ozzie is going to be fine.

Listening to Konerko, the message was clear that the players had enough of the drama.

Can't be surprising.

It takes 2 people to have "drama." Too bad he wasn't completely honest and mentioned KW as well.

Or was Ozzie a one man "drama king."

Not exactly.

KW is no saint.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:16 AM)
Yes and if they throw him under the bus like the one person was suggesting he can mail them a picture of him smiling with the WS trophy.

Also ... it won't take him long to love his new players in Florida.

Ozzie is not being banished to Siberia. He's still a manager. In Florida, a great place to live.

I fully expect him to be inducted in the Hall of Fame someday. He's got one title. He prolly only needs one more to assure induction in the Hall. Maybe two more, but he's well on his way at a very young age.

Marlins have Hanley Ramirez, the face of their franchise who happens to be lazier than Alex Rios. Just today, their #2 pitcher (Nolasco) was called out by the organization as well. Also, it will be interesting to see if Ozzie handles Josh Johnson better than Girardi did.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
It takes 2 people to have "drama." Too bad he wasn't completely honest and mentioned KW as well.

Or was Ozzie a one man "drama king."

Not exactly.

KW is no saint.

so you're going to say the media are wrong. the players are wrong. we're all wrong. and that ozzie guillen was actually a really nice guy - just misunderstood?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
Marlins have Hanley Ramirez, the face of their franchise who happens to be lazier than Alex Rios. Just today, their #2 pitcher (Nolasco) was called out by the organization as well. Also, it will be interesting to see if Ozzie handles Josh Johnson better than Girardi did.

What are you talking about? Josh Johnson is the compensation.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:18 AM)
so you're going to say the media are wrong. the players are wrong. we're all wrong. and that ozzie guillen was actually a really nice guy - just misunderstood?

I wish the Ozzie supporters on here would be as classy as their idol was tonight. Ozzie's gone, KW is still here. Is KW the problem? Quite possibly yes, but trust me when I say he won't continue to stay in his position the next few years if the team continues to falter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
I wish the Ozzie supporters on here would be as classy as their idol was tonight. Ozzie's gone, KW is still here. Is KW the problem? Quite possibly yes, but trust me when I say he won't continue to stay in his position the next few years if the team continues to falter.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:18 AM)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:20 AM)

1.) Yeah I would. He was a players' manager for sure.

2.) Have you read some of the posts attacking me? It's a 2 way street. It's not easy to always turn the other cheek, sir.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
1.) Yeah I would. He was a players' manager for sure.

2.) Have you read some of the posts attacking me? It's a 2 way street. It's not easy to always turn the other cheek, sir.

the players (konerko) all but said they didn't like playing for him!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
How can you not stand Mark Buehrle?

Seriously.

Do you realize he is the No. 1 starter in Sox history?

Do you not like the Buehrle of the last month? The games he's been hit in?

I mean you do realize he's the best starter in (modern) Sox history, don't you???

Number 1 starter of all time? Wtf?

BTW, I'd rather have a manager with zero personality that wins a lot of games than a loud mouth with a mediocre record. As Ozzie said, "winning is fun."

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:24 AM)
Number 1 starter of all time? Wtf?

BTW, I'd rather have a manager with zero personality that wins a lot of games than a loud mouth with a mediocre record. As Ozzie said, "winning is fun."

I said modern history. Some of the old timers might be "better."

Who is a more productive starter than Mark in modern Sox history???