Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

The frustrating thing with Quentin is there was no reason for him not to be moved at the deadline last year. Now, instead of getting value, he seems like more of a salary dump candidate. If Bergesen is the main player acquired in a trade for other than someone like Jordan Danks, I will be very unhappy.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna bother going through all 26 pages, but I wanna ask, do people really think we're gonna get anything of value for TCQ? Dude is injured just about every year, and even this year he ended the season with a (albeit minor) shoulder injury.

We'll be lucky to get a fringe prospect for him

Edited by Real

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
BNightengale Bob Nightengale

#STLCARDS Pujols now has three teams that are offering 10-year contracts in excess of $200 million: STL, MIAMI, AND unidentified team

Clearly it's Kenny......

I now see why KW traded Segio to use the 8.5 mil over 3 years money for Pujols!

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:05 PM)
I'm serious. I knew when we started off slow that we would have a may-june run that would have people saying "Oooh well maybe if we have a good second half" and then the second half is just going to be a brutal trudge to third place.

The reason I asked was because I had a similar belief. I wasn't sure if you were mocking the people who thought that or not.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:31 AM)
Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

#Mets near trade described as "change of scenery" deal both ways. They are getting 2-for-1. Rauch 1 yr pending phys. Another RP on way. #MLB

Can't figured out if there is a Sox reliever that fits that description

Soriano for Jason Bay make any sense? How about Rios for Bay?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
Because it is still in the FO's plans to bring him back. I have firsthand knowledge that this is part of their plan granted some team doesnt give him 4 years at 15 million. But hey, continue with your statements.

Just hours after I stated the Sox aren't going to resign MB, Kenny Williams publicly stated today the Sox don't expect to resign Buehrle as the market obviously wont allow it.

It's not gonna happen. But hey continue with your statements.