Chris Sale

Tannerfan

I was just watching Intentional Talk on the MLB Network, and saw the clip of Sale freaking out in the dugout after his last start. He was wailing on a cooler and acting all Zombranoish.

I wasn't aware this had happened and am a little concerned about this sort of childish behavior.

I've heard he's very competitive but I was surprised by his actions. During the clip Kevin Millar was laughing but saying

"Come on Chris don't use your left hand that's your money maker!"

I always thought Zombrano was a loser because of his temper. Hate to see that in one of our best guys.

Any one else concerned or am I over reacting?

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
I was just watching Intentional Talk on the MLB Network, and saw the clip of Sale freaking out in the dugout after his last start. He was wailing on a cooler and acting all Zombranoish.

I wasn't aware this had happened and am a little concerned about this sort of childish behavior.

I've heard he's very competitive but I was surprised by his actions. During the clip Kevin Millar was laughing but saying

I always thought Zombrano was a loser because of his temper. Hate to see that in one of our best guys.

I found it a bit off putting.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)

Beating up a water cooler is much different than trying to beat up a teammate. Until Sale does that, the Zambrano comp is awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
Beating up a water cooler is much different than trying to beat up a teammate. Until Sale does that, the Zambrano comp is awful.

I understand but I was shocked to see anything this stupid coming from Sale.

He struck me as a pretty intelligent guy, not a hot head.

Also I knew nothing of this happening until watching MLB Network today.

I was just so surprised by the whole thing.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 07:57 PM)
Alright, I'm listening.....

I remember at least twice that Sale went off on Ventura. I'm not comparing him to Zambrano but working on controlling his emotions is also part of the game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...es-for-outburst

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-talk/s...his-frustration

Edited by Knuckles

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 09:12 PM)
I remember at least twice that Sale went off on Ventura. I'm not comparing him to Zambrano but working on controlling his emotions is also part of the game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...es-for-outburst

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-talk/s...his-frustration

I was referring to a physical blow up in the dugout. I don't care that he yells in his mitt on the mound, I don't remember anyone comparing Peavy to Zambrano because of that.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
He's a product of the pussified everyone gets a trophy generation. Athletes have to throw fits because it gives the fan an impression they care.

This is just wrong. If anything, we see athletes who freak out and throw "fits" and think that maybe they should settle down a little bit. Everyone has bad days in any profession, and those that can't keep their composure during those times and freak out are generally considered psychos, not "athletes who care."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 02:07 AM)
If he does it again, though, he needs to be fined. You can't be banging your left hand like that on the hard surface. Insane.

This will make masturbation incredibly difficult, unless he is a fan of the stranger.

Oh who am I kidding, he probably hasn't masturbated in years