Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
Sounds like Sox fans worrying about cub fans

When Sox ownership/management starts trying to stop Cub fans from coming to games at USCF and tries to stop them from doing "take me out to the ballgame", then you might have some weight to your idea.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
When Sox ownership/management starts trying to stop Cub fans from coming to games at USCF and tries to stop them from doing "take me out to the ballgame", then you might have some weight to your idea.

I think the ticket sale schemes back when those games began was very similar.

I was only half joking.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
Yes.

But Q has a knack for playing "his" guys that he trusts, which definitely shouldn't be the case but it's been happening since he got here and has gotten more obvious to this day.

Rozy does suck, and is slow, and pretty much is a shell of a former decent NHL player, but in small spurts he's still better than someone like Rundblad( one of the other options)

Problem is Rozy plays too much, and gets exposed,like basically all season and specifically yesterday's first goal.

Why wouldn't a coach play the guys he trusts the most. It should be the case. I hate to say it but he probably has a better idea of what makes a winning team more than us.

As Herb Brooks said, "I don't want the best players just the right ones." (or something to that effect)

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
I think the ticket sale schemes back when those games began was very similar.

I was only half joking.

Their first scheme was to charge $5 more a ticket. That isn't much of a scheme. Their next scheme, years later, was to only offer the games as parts of different packages. That wasn't about keeping Cub fans out, but more about getting people to buy more tickets.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
Why wouldn't a coach play the guys he trusts the most. It should be the case. I hate to say it but he probably has a better idea of what makes a winning team more than us.

As Herb Brooks said, "I don't want the best players just the right ones." (or something to that effect)

And as much as we all hate it, you have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, because all he does is win.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)
And as much as we all hate it, you have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, because all he does is win.

All true. Actually makes me feel better about it now. Although its maddening sometimes of the lines that he puts out there. Like bringing in Vermette and not using him in a role that he would most likely succeed...then not playing him at all when he sucks at it. They gave up a first rounder because he was one of the most sought after trade options in he league right? I guess that's what makes him one of the top coaches in the league.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 12:09 AM)
Hearing things on a postgame show to the tune of "Fire Q if they don't win the cup this year" after splitting the first two road games in the first round of the playoffs- is this a normal thing?

I've never really been a fan of Q. His decisions to sit guys like Teuvo and Morin the last two years in favor of doufuses like Carcillo is mind boggling. However, you can't really put this on him. Rozsival is terrible, but Rundblad is just as bad (but at least he can move).I would play Rundblad in game 3. Yesterday, Rozsival had a 10 foot start on a Predator and they still beat him for a SOG.

Bowman went out and got Vermette- 0 goals for the Hawks and was a healthy scratch the first 2 games- and Timonen- a damn good defenseman (years ago, anyway) but it's obvious he's done. He should get some of the blame, also.

But no, I would not fire Q (unless Babcock wants the job).

Edited by soxfan49

How in hell can one team win the draft lottery 4x in 6 years? I know RNH and Hall never panned out the way most first overall picks do but McDavid makes them a Cup contender in the next 3-5 years.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
How in hell can one team win the draft lottery 4x in 6 years? I know RNH and Hall never panned out the way most first overall picks do but McDavid makes them a Cup contender in the next 3-5 years.

No he doesn't. They still have 0 defenders and no goalie.

If they do get defense, one of RNH, Hall, Eberle or Yakupov will be gone.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
No he doesn't. They still have 0 defenders and no goalie.

If they do get defense, one of RNH, Hall, Eberle or Yakupov will be gone.

You could have said the same about Pittsburgh and they won it 3-4 years later. Players are going to want to play there now. Nurse was taken 7th two years ago and he will be a good player for their defense. All they need is a few solid guys- Seabrook after next year, Oduya after this year- and they can be a very good team.

The Wild, Ducks, Flames, Pens, Blues, etc are in the playoffs this year with goalies who were either unknown coming into this year or had low expectations coming into the year. You never know when they can find the right guy.