2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Bulls. They'll end up paying way more than they would have this year. He will sign an offer sheet with someone and the Bulls will match.

I'm not sure bulls will even let him test.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
I just hope he really wants to be here. I know with his past he may just want the most money however.

He keeps saying he does and we can match anything (just a matter of Jerry and Co. being okay to pay the luxury tax). By the way, he is a really personable dude. Haven't heard him interviewed much but this guy looks like he could turn into a face of the franchise guy who you can market as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Thibs just said thank god for Jimmy Butler. I get the impression he is the type of player coaches love.

Thibs loves him and he uses Butler and Noah to kind of take cheap shots at Rose. In the telecast they talked about Butler having the flu the other day and he told Thibbs I don't want a minute restriction I want to sweat it out.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
My thoughts exactly, if Bulls can match what's out there and they don't it would be an extremely short-sighted move.

The Bulls would be able to match whatever he's offered regardless of whether the cap goes up or not.

As part of Tribune's conversion of the network from a superstation into a general entertainment cable channel, WGN America will end their broadcasts of Chicago Cubs, Bulls and White Sox games beginning in 2015, citing limited revenue and viewership from the broadcasts (revenue was reportedly only covering 20% of the rights fees), along with several seasons of sub-par play by the Cubs after the sale of the team by Tribune to Thomas S. Ricketts in late 2009; this was also a factor in WGN Radio letting the Cubs radio rights go to WBBM after 2014.[12] The Cubs responded by terminating its agreement with WGN-TV and negotiating to move its broadcasts to WLS-TV.[13]

WGN announced in early October that Bulls games will not be carried on WGN America starting in 2015. Reportedly, its final Bulls broadcast was December 6, 2014, a Bulls loss to the Golden State Warrior

This sucks. I had been wondering why I hadn't been able to catch games recently and now I know why. When the Bulls season started, I did my math and there were ~45 nationally televised games (counting WGN superstation)...that number shrinks to closer to 30 thanks to this news. I probably would have been more willing to opt for league pass had I known that. Now its too late (cause I certainly am not justifying that cost on a partial season).

I must be one of the only out-of-market people who watch cause if it weren't from WGN superstation, Soxtalk would never exist cause there would have been zero chance I'd have became a Sox fan without some access to Sox games from a far as a kid (yes I followed through box scores, etc, but at least I know I could get 1/2 games per week throughout the season in the pre xtra innings days). Same with as a Bulls fan and all the games I was able to watch.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
He keeps saying he does and we can match anything (just a matter of Jerry and Co. being okay to pay the luxury tax). By the way, he is a really personable dude. Haven't heard him interviewed much but this guy looks like he could turn into a face of the franchise guy who you can market as well.

If you follow him on Facebook he's an all around great dude. Loves to goof around and great with kids.