SoxFest 2015

GGajewski18

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Sorry that I have jacked this thread.

It was to be expected. I wasn't really liked over there by many of the admins, they just needed an excuse.

I do like the non-confrontational approach, makes it much easier.

WSi is a G-Rated site. I read that there membership is getting smaller by the year. Fewer people are reading that site. I was banned once for some comment I made about the Cubs player Castro. When I make comments on that site, I watch what I say. I find SoxTalk to my liking as opposed to WSI. If they ever banned me again, I would never read it again.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
Well, it was a good 3 year run.

Screen_Shot_2015_01_12_at_4.51.01_PM.png

Pretty sure I got booted because of this thread.

Cheers!

don't they still have a marketplace forum? you looking for a soxfest pass is exactly the reason they made a marketplace area. (Which I prompted them to do, by the way.....)

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
You most certainly got banned because of this thread since they changed your initial ban from two weeks to forever. Their posters that haven't switched over here permanently are at least lurking here now if they actually want a consistent flow of White Sox news. Fact of the matter is they ran everybody out of there and the site is getting SWALLOWED. Pretty soon their mods will have to resort to banning each other because they're about all that's left over though. How to ruin a forum site 101.

You're better off here MSS.

In the WSI thread about the hitters mini-camp, one guy actually suggested they INVITE "notable" beer league players. Makes you want to post there!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...amp;postcount=5

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
My first ban there back in '05 was saying "At least the Twins are losing too" in a game thread. They banned me for three days and told me to stay on topic.
My last ban there was because I hit the "report user" button on Daver. Who was insulting me in a thread(supposedly a major no-no for a non-mod). I was given two weeks, and when I replied saying "what's this for" it was made permanent. I never even bothered to make a new username this time.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
Well, it was a good 3 year run.

Screen_Shot_2015_01_12_at_4.51.01_PM.png

Pretty sure I got booted because of this thread.

Cheers!

Is there more back story to this?? Were you previously warned?

Not trying to say it's not true, but in my experience it seems like there has to be more to it.

QUOTE (skobabe8 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:48 AM)
Is there more back story to this?? Were you previously warned?

Not trying to say it's not true, but in my experience it seems like there has to be more to it.

Nope! What was your experience?

My ban has been lifted, they apologized, I apologized for my ignorance not knowing all the rules.

They do have a marketplace, which I asked about, but because the Friday ticket at SoxFest is not for sale, any offer to sell or buy is considering scalping.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
A little known fact (because of the age of this site) but Daver was one of the original Soxtalk admins.

I tried signing up for an account at WSI but they banned gmail addresses...wtf. I tried using a non-gmail address and my account is still waiting for approval after several weeks. Luckily it was approved quickly here

QUOTE (dynamic_symmetry @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
I tried signing up for an account at WSI but they banned gmail addresses...wtf. I tried using a non-gmail address and my account is still waiting for approval after several weeks. Luckily it was approved quickly here

You are gladly welcomed over here. Hope you stick around a while!

QUOTE (dynamic_symmetry @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)

Welcome aboard!

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
Skobabe was under the loyalty belt. I remember him being even-keeled and, to my recollection, never combative. He posted fairly enough where the mods took him in. If you don't post a lot or you share alternative opinions to management they'll can you quickly without reason. For instance, if you are a poster who thinks Theo Epstein made a good trade when he traded Garza, and a mod disagrees with you, your posting privileges are at a risk.

Wow, I never knew my reputation was so good! :P

Like I mentioned before, I haven't shared the same experiences at WSI as some others around here. I never felt like I couldn't express my opinions, as long as they weren't personal attacks or vulgar in nature. I came here because I heard good things about this board and because I noticed a lot of the regulars over there had gone away (for various reasons). This seems like a great place, and the way this offseason has played out, I can't get enough White Sox talk. It was a perfect storm.

Anyway, since this thread is supposed about Soxfest...I NEED TO FIND TICKETS! I miss the pre-Palmer house days when tickets were easy to come by.